Info On Sub Medical Assistant

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Dysan, Feb 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im looking for any Info On SUB Medical Assistance, any think to do with the job and training. I have been struggling to find out any think about the training and what the Job is like other than what is on the RN web site which I find very vague any info would be welcomed.

2. Well, you're in completely the wrong forum - I would suggest Newbies or the Submariner would be a better home for this. Hopefully a Mod will be along soon enough to move this...

3. Before anyone rips too far into Dysan, his/her previous posts indicate some dyslexia.

Dysan appears to be genuinely seeking horses-mouth type info on MA(S/M).

Hopefully angrydoc or similar can provide some heads ups for this person, please?.

Bob

4. I read his other post first. I assume he means Submarine Medical Assistant

5. I work in the careers office at the mo. Suggest you pop into your local office as there's a specific leaflet on MA(SM).

It's basically as per MA(GS), but with the added responsibilty for looking after the quality of air on board in terms of checking readings and also some driving of the sub pretty much as everyone else on board does.

6. http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/upload/pdf/AW_RN_Medical_MA(Subs)_CPL3_CM_V2.pdf