info on naval stores

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by shenanigans1985, Jan 31, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is probably the wrong place to post this be here goes.
    can anyone tell me on if and how I can send stuff via stores.
    I have a bike sort of stranded in colingrad and need it sent either to Scotland or Raleigh. Any info would be appreciated thanks.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

There was a time when it was possible to send stuff "baggage to baggage" by Rifts (internal stores transport system). Doubtless it's called something else now because there'll be an under-employed SO1 looking for something to 'fix' after the success of logistic branch (role) title changes:)

Logically, if such a system still exists, call me a traditionalist, but I guess enquiring via stores would be a good starter for ten.

3. thanks got some info off a Jack dusty he's sorted me out

• Like Like x 3
  4. At last I have proof! See not all us Jack Dusties are gits! :)

As for your bike... Why Scotland or Raleigh may I ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. He hasn't decided weather he's doing Land's End to John O'Groats, or John O'Groats to Land's End, yet.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Maybe Raleigh is the make of velocipede, Scotland the destination.

7. I'm at headley court but will be having time at home in Scotland after here so it would be possible to pick up from faslane if not Raleigh is my next establishment I will be based at.

However the stores dept at colingwood have fobbed me off so I'll try alternative means of transport for it.

8. There is an actual contract set up with a private company for our kit to be moved. Speak to one of the booties there, they're a lot better clued up about moving, but there is a set procedure for the movement of personal effects.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. I will do when I get back cheers only going to be there a day so hope I can get something sorted.