Info Needed

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by madashatter, Mar 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

Im 33 and looking into joining the Navy and im after some info on the following trades-

Medic
    Personel
    Supply

I am also considering AET but have enough info on that.

Any info is appreciated and would like it on all aspects of Naval life on the above trades as im married with 4 children, also feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Madasahatter

2. Welcome to RR.

I can't give any personal advice about either of those trades, have you spoken to your local careers center, yet?

Are you after a trade that will keep you on mainland more or are you ok with going to sea? I oly ask because of your family attachment.

Good luck

3. Cheers for reply. I havent spoke to AFCO yet was trying to as much info as poss before i contact them.
    Would like to stay on mainland as much as i can but going to sea will be inevitable so would grin and bear it....lol

4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

The RAF would be a better option for you

5. I don't know what sort of salary you're on at the moment, but you should be aware that you will be on a pretty low wage for the first couple of years after joining.

6. You need to get an application in A.S.A.P at your age if you want to join.

Else you'll hit the upper age limit before you get a date for Raliegh...

:)

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Generally it's easier the other way around, however if you wish to detour around the houses, it's your call.

8. Hi All,

I applied for the RAF last summer for Supplier sat the AST, passed told to keep ronging in to check how my application was doing. Rang in Jan was told it had been closed due to excessive amounts of applicants. My uncle who did full term in the Navy suggested i give it a look as i was too old for Medic in RAF.

Im only working part-time since got made redundent last year, but wasnt looking to join for the salary.

I like to have as much info as poss before i go to the AFCO, so I have a general idea of what im looking for and dont ask too many dumbass questions, but I am hoping to get there within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks everyone for your repli

9. Madas

Ring up now and book a place for the Presentation

10. LO Mr Hatters Fan,

Your best bet is definitely to go along for the presentation, it's geared up to give you the information you are currently seeking from other sources. The RN is different to the RAF in our attitude towards candidates. We are there to give you information, we will also give you an idea of any waiting times and not just send you home.

Get down your local office ASAP.

SM

:)

11. Just spoke to AFCO they were very helpful they have given me the waiting times for all the roles I am looking at.
    They are sending out some info for me to look at and have booked me on a presentation.

Thanks for all your help.

12. Good one!

Keep us posted!

13. I will keep you posted.

got some info this morning so will have a look through that and jog along to the presentation.

Thanks everyone for all your replies and help.