Independent: "Staying On: the last Brits in Iraq"

How sad to know that none of the extra Christmas parcels went to them.

I might make some enquiries on this one and see if I can send them some kind of goodie box.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
soleil said:
How sad to know that none of the extra Christmas parcels went to them.

I might make some enquiries on this one and see if I can send them some kind of goodie box.
Deployed personnel received a Christmas box from , a UK Forces welfare charity, so nobody was completely forgotten. Although personnel overseas more than welcome small goodie boxes from wellwishers in the UK...

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
They asked people to stop sending parcels just before Xmas it was slowing down relatives mail.

Dorchester area sent loads out just before that, I hope the Pongos appreciated my various Naval books :lol:

jockgolly

Lantern Swinger
Having worked a lot with those guys in the NaTT team, I can say first hand that they are doing a sterling job. The vast difference between the Iraqi Navy from when I first observed them and the IqN that I saw the second time I went out there was massive, and I only imagine they've improved even more. There's probably still a fair way to go before we can stop having to pick up their slack though. BZ to the lads still out there, it's a shit run ashore in UQ!