INDEPENDENT ON SUNDAY

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by IndependentonSunday, Jul 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. any chance you could help us spread the word...?
    Dear all,

The Independent on Sunday is very interested in hearing your views on the treatment and care that our wounded soldiers returning from Iraq/Afghanistan receive back here in the UK. I would be very interested to speak to current or former soldiers, or their families, on or off the record about their own stories. Ideally, I'd like to be able to visit someone who is continuing to receive medical treatment, either as an inpatient or on an outpatient basis.

There has been a lot of misinformation on this subject, as with any controversial issue. Our aim is a simple one, to try and get closer to the reality of the situation through hearing from those who have experienced it. So, those of you who have been wounded or know someone who has, please do get in touch.

We are working on the story for this Sunday so if you think you can help please get in touch with me as soon as possible.

Thanks and regards,

Jonathan Owen
    Independent on Sunday home newsdesk

2. Jonathan,

Perhaps you are unaware that serving personnel are NOT allowed to speak to the media directly, as laid out in QR's? There is an MoD Mediaops centre for that.

If the recently invalided and out , or families of, wish to speak to you there is no restriction on that as far as I am aware.

Regards

PTP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.