Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Independence white paper defence years 1 to 5

foxbat3000

Midshipman
Hi,

First of all I am not going to debate independence on here there are other forum for that and I have seen the thread about Scottish sailors but its not applicable to what I wish to discuss.

Scotland's Future this is the link to the white paper just click on defence to go there

I think much of the defence plan to do with things that float is ill-thought and wont even save money. The timescales discussed there are 1 to 5 and 5 to ten years

In the first 5 years Scotland should concentrate on the creation of a Scottish coastguard on a Canadian model, it would however be armed. As I understand the Canadian coastguard it is more of an emergency service. I would expect it to be a high quality service that could attract graduates. The recent Bristow SAR contract valued at 1.6 billion complicates things but simplest would be for the Scottish government to agree to one third payment as we have one third the UK landmass to cover. We would brand the helicopters based at Scottish bases with the Scottish coastguard brand go here for why branding is important Why is Branding so important? - Eau Rouge Design - Graphic design and web design in Buckingham, near Milton Keynes. Designing logos and business literature, websites, advertising, exhibitions and packaging. cool brands get graduates.

The requirements for vessels would be nine under the model with 3 coming from the present fisheries protection three river class are under order at present so a further three would round it out.

Maritime patrol aircraft I invite you to go here C295 Maritime Patrol Aircraft - Naval Technology The white paper suggests 4 but 6 purely on wear and tear ground would be better airframes deteriorate under use. I would like to make the point that its not the aircraft that is important it the electronics suite inside them. Asking a country to pay for a Boeing 737 mpa with a useless electronics suit is nonsensical.

The fact that Scotland would have no navy makes no difference as the recent incursion of the Russian fleet into our waters would be an illegal act(illegal entry) and can be dealt with under Scottish law.

While for the Nordic countries Russia represents a threat Scotland only has to deal with White Russia rather than the USSR. White Russia is a term to describe Russians under the Tsars but effectively all Russians are white now.

Our relationship to them was always friendly and indeed the common people of Russia have a great affection for Scotland. We can further enhance our security through the use of soft power by restoring Scottish pipe bands to the Moscow tattoo.

I will NOT reply to anything to do with independence I am eager to hear from people with a logistical background. Amateurs like myself seldom understand the train require to support what they are proposing.

Regards,

Keith

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Helping the fishing industry transition to independence MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Supporting Ukraine's independence MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Message from Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II to mark Independence Day of Maldives MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Alok Sharma: 'There is still an urgency for us to act' on women’s economic independence MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Certification Office: certificates of independence MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Office Minister congratulates Lebanon on its Independence Day MoD News 0
BaldRik RFA career in the event of Scottish independence?! RFA 28
chrismonc87 Question regarding PRNC and Scottish Independence Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
Val the Gal Scottish Independence Diamond Lil's 8
D How will Scottish Independence effect the military? Current Affairs 18
F First Wades into Scottish Independence Question Current Affairs 21
soleil S. Echo: "Nuclear Submarines To Be Based In Sunderland If Scots Win Independence" Submariners 7
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Secretary extends best wishes to Israel on Independence Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMS Somerset in Tanzania for 50th anniversary of independence Current Affairs 1
soleil Telegraph: "Liam Fox Warns Independence Threatens Scottish Bases And Shipbuilding" Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS HMS Iron Duke celebrates anniversary of Kuwait's independence Current Affairs 0
Stuart_G Scottish Independence Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 80
Rumrat The scot's after Independence. Diamond Lil's 13
D Scottish independence referendum Current Affairs 71
Oil_Slick Sean Connery: Scottish independence is close Current Affairs 39
Miss_Naughty Notice to Revoke the Independence of the U S of A! The Gash Barge 2
N Scottish Independence Current Affairs 49
F English to vote on scottish independence ? Current Affairs 77
beltfedwombat Independence for Cornwall - A step too far? Current Affairs 0
F scotland independence Current Affairs 17
MoD_RSS Oliver Dowden's Oral Statement on the Online Harms White Paper consultation response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joe White appointed HM Consul-General, San Francisco, and Technology Envoy to the USA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Northumberland river users asked to help protect white-clawed crayfish MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement on Social Housing White Paper MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Mark White becomes UK’s second Groceries Code Adjudicator MoD News 0
BreechSpike White rank slides ? The Fleet 10
MoD_RSS Lord Chancellor’s Speech: White Paper Launch - A Smarter Approach to Sentencing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Mark White appointed as new Groceries Code Adjudicator MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Syria: Minister for Middle East meets Chairman of White Helmets MoD News 0
slim Sikh couple barred from adopting white child due to ‘cultural heritage’ Current Affairs 18
MoD_RSS Northumberland launches strategy to protect white-clawed crayfish MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Project to protect native White-clawed crayfish in Derbyshire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter from Jeremy Wright to Sharon White MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Nottinghamshire project to protect native white-clawed crayfish MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Jeremy Wright speaking at the launch of the Online Harms White Paper MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Home Secretary launches Online Harms White Paper MoD News 0
slim Should the average white person apologise for Slavery? Diamond Lil's 26
Stirlin Swimming with Great White Shark. Diamond Lil's 7
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary meets leader of the Syrian White Helmets MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Pioneering solutions to defence and security challenges to be explored at White City MoD News 0
O When is the white mess dress jacket worn? The Quarterdeck 16
BillyNoMates Big white ships. International 6
rn458scc The White Laundry marker question - I think I have the answer..well maybe Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
SONAR-BENDER 'Saved' White House turkey defects to ISIS Miscellaneous 3
soleil Mail: 'History In Black And White: WWI Vessels To Be Repainted In 'Dazzle Camouflage' History 1