Incorrect Pension payments and Veterans Agency having none of it !!

BigD1980

Lantern Swinger
After all this pension debacale i decided to have a quick check of my forecast and payments recieved.

To my shock and I've no idea how i missed such an error it would seem my pension calculation is a tad wrong and they are paying me a pension which is below my years of reckonable service.

Now i was on both the AFPS 75 and 15 pension schemes and as i was medically discharged was also entitled to a Tier 1 Lump sum payment from the 15 pension which i also believe is wrong.

So i send a letter to DBS pension division with all my concerns stating why i thought my pension calculations might be a little off I even sent them a copy of the relevant regulations in the legislations for each Scheme and asked if they could have a look and re calculate or if they believe it to be correct to send me the exact calculation used to work out my pension.

I recieved a reply simply stating your pension is correct nothing else no expanation nothing.

Anyway was just wondering if any of you guys had any similar dealings or have any views on this matter all would be greatly appreiciated.

Cheers

vauxhall

Lantern Swinger
Write to them and ask them to set out their workings. You can then compare them to yours. If you are a member of the Forces Pension Society email their workings to [email protected] and the Team will check them for you.

BigD1980

Lantern Swinger
I have wrote to them with all my findings and asked for their workings out. To get a one line response letter saying "your pension is correct" basically do one chopper.

vauxhall

Lantern Swinger
Make it formal - complain that you have not been treated properly because you asked for their workings and they failed to give them!

BigD1980

Lantern Swinger
I've now made it formal and raised the issues to the 1st Stage of the pension complaint process. To be looked at by OF4 level officer or above. So just play the waiting game now.

BigD1980

Lantern Swinger
Recieved another letter not linked to my complaint but another attempt at an explanation They believe my TIER 1 lump sum payment was calculated correct and it was over the the Max 2 year FPE so my payment was rounded down to equal 2 years FPE. HaHa I wish i recieved that amount

Latest Threads