In-service transfer...

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Nuts&Bolts, Jul 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This looks to be the best place I can find for this question... I'm currently in the army at the minute and have been trying to find out about possibly transferring over to the navy (if it's at all possible). I've heard about it being possible but am not sure on the details... So pretty much, is it possible to do an in service transfer?
  2. I thought nearly everything was locked down at the moment..
  3. I haven't asked my troop staff just yet as I don't want to be giving reason for the army to give me the boot... But considering it I probably will ask. Hopefully someone navy could advise me from that side too as navy was my first choice in career.
  4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Try the search feature, I'm sure the question has been asked and answered a couple of times before
  5. ----bump----
  6. When your next on leave pop into your nearest careers office for a chat with a Careers advisor. We are still allowing transfers, but it really depends on what you can offer the RN as to whether they will take you.

it's not an easy or quick process. you will at some stage have to tell the Army