In Service ACL Injury

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by blondeblackbelt, Jun 2, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having used the search function I appreciate ACL questions have been done to death, but have found that they generally relate to new joiners concerned about their eligibility so I was hoping for a different perspective.

A recent MRI confirmed that I had ruptured my ACL on a RN Sports Tour. I have since been landed and await surgery. I have had a great standard of care so far (fast track MRI, excellent Physios etc) and everyone is being generally positive that I will be back to competitive sport within 9 months after surgery. My only concern is I was due to take my AIB in September, which is now being rescheduled for next year, however, I am concerned the surgery will impact my eligibility for extraction and taking on training at BRNC (I am an Upper Yardy). Are there restrictions/bars for in service candidates?

Any information, opinions or personal experience would be most appreciated. Even if the circumstances are not identical I would be interested to hear from any in service guys who have gone through ACL recovery in the MOB and how they found it.

Many Thanks,