In process of joining as RM officer

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by eefychaps, Dec 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey there everyone, this is my first post, so bear with me.

I am currently in the process (early stages yet) of joining the Royal Marines as an officer, and as a result, I have been smashing fitness and strength and more 3 milers than you can shake a stick at. However, I am just worried that I may be lacking in practical experience as regards leadership.
    I have done my DofE bronze, and looking at doing my Gold award while I am in the process of training, and i am part of a local Search and Rescue team, but I was just wondering if there was anything else that you guys might know that could help me?
    I have just inquired about a leadership course by British Military Leadership, which I will find out more from in the new year, but I just want to give myself the best chance possible to pass, as this is something I would very much like to do.

If anything, it will be this that will let me down, as opposed to fitness.

Thanks very much, I would gladly appreciate any help or information given!

:thumleft:

2. Get a little black dress tailor made, and some man sized heels...:rofl:Seriously.Dont worry about that aspect.The training I believe is designed to develop your leadership skills.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Early stages of the process, and the highlighted sentence, say you have yet to go down on a POC :wink:....... Have a look over here;

Current Visitors | Royal Marines - How to join the elite Regular and RMR Commandos

• Like Like x 1
  4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Just remember when you join up the recruiting staff be it Marine/Jack/Officer are not looking for the finished article. That's what basic training is for. They are looking for potential to train up as something that can be introduced as the finished article.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2