In need of advice. Probably wrong section of fourm

Oaktree

I was medically discharge during phase one training. I've been asked by an employer why there is a gap in my employment history. From the start day of my joining date at Hms Raleigh to now.

Do I mention, I was employed by the royal navy as a recruit, or do I say I was unemployed?

If I add, the Royal navy to my C.V work history as a recruit and the length of weeks dose this make me a walter mitty?

RabC

MIA
I was medically discharge during phase one training. I've been asked by an employer why there is a gap in my employment history. From the start day of my joining date at Hms Raleigh to now.

Do I mention, I was employed by the royal navy as a recruit, or do I say I was unemployed?

If I add, the Royal navy to my C.V work history as a recruit and the length of weeks dose this make me a walter mitty?
Adding it would not make you a Walt as it is the truth. Just be prepared to explain why your career in the RN was so short if your employer asks.

soleil

War Hero

I agree with RabC. You should include your time as a Recruit in your CV and be able to explain why you left if a potential employer should enquire.

Good Luck!

Waspie

War Hero
If you were paid you were employed so it can go on your CV.
Also I believe even one days service entitles you to 'veteran' status!!!!

Taztiff

War Hero

Wearing your South Atlantic medal (with rosette) when you were born 13 years after the event makes you a Walter Mitty!!
Adding Royal Navy in your CV or wearing a veterans badge entitled because you served a few weeks even just in training, does not.
You passed to join the Royal Navy, the fact that you were medically discharged should not be a slur on your character.
Best of luck in your future endeavours - a shame you could not have moved into the Fleet.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
[QUOTE="Oaktree, post: 1462029, member:If I add, the Royal navy to my C.V work history as a recruit and the length of weeks dose this make me a walter mitty?
[/QUOTE]
Fair play shippers, Torpoint was it?? Spin the dit.

Waspie

War Hero
@Waspie was that one of your old choppers flying over my house earlier, I thought they were all retired.
Are you referring to a Wasp! If so, there are a few flying about. Terry Martin fly's one out of North Weald. John Beattie fly's one too but don't know where from!
OR
Is it a Sea King? If so, could one of the two based at Portland, (HeliOps), training the German Navy!!!!

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Are you referring to a Wasp! If so, there are a few flying about. Terry Martin fly's one out of North Weald. John Beattie fly's one too but don't know where from!
OR
Is it a Sea King? If so, could one of the two based at Portland, (HeliOps), training the German Navy!!!!
I think it was a Wasp. like a bubble with spindley legs, one of the few I can recognise is the SK and it wasn't one of them. It did a couple of circuits over Broadmayne this afternoon.

Waspie

War Hero
I think it was a Wasp. like a bubble with spindley legs, one of the few I can recognise is the SK and it wasn't one of them. It did a couple of circuits over Broadmayne this afternoon.
Wasp then!! Terry (Doc) Martins is the RN Historic flight Wasp and has a semi blue camo-scheme daubed over it. JB's Wasp is original blue as it was in service. I suspect it may have been JB's as he probably has more links with Weymuff!!!
Wasp in Cammo. RN Historic Flight! Doc Martins Wasp
John Beattie and his Wasp! JB's Wasp

Last edited:

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
It was probably the blue one. There is at least one ex pusser pilot living in the village so he may have been giving him a look.

Do I mention, I was employed by the royal navy as a recruit, YES or do I say I was unemployed? NO

If I add, the Royal navy to my C.V work history as a recruit and the length of weeks dose this make me a walter mitty? NO
@Oaktree - From your short experience at HMS RALEIGH you should have been exposed to the need for 'Integrity' in the RN,

Funnily enough this applies pretty much everywhere else too - So go ahead and tell the whole truth & nothing but the truth.

(Should any Employer later discover that an Employee had provided incomplete or untruthful information during their job application process then the Employer has every right to dismiss that person by issuing what is commonly known as their Marching Orders with their P45.)

Very best of luck with your new job application - Let us know how it turns out for you.

Wasp then!! Terry (Doc) Martins is the RN Historic flight Wasp and has a semi blue camo-scheme daubed over it. JB's Wasp is original blue as it was in service. I suspect it may have been JB's as he probably has more links with Weymuff!!!
Wasp in Cammo. RN Historic Flight! Doc Martins Wasp
John Beattie and his Wasp! JB's Wasp
I believe there is an old RN Wasp in the house (Grounds/garage) on the other side of the Shuttleworth Collections runway.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O History 29
F Miscellaneous 11
F Current Affairs 15