In need of advice (Failed RT)

Re: In need of advice

SM or NS are AFCO dudes. They no doubt will answer your questions.

Dry your tears treacle there is hope yet

viglen said:
Hey

im writing this as i return from my local AFCO (chelmsford) and regret to say i failed the RT (Recruitment Test) and im left unclear of what is still open for me, Can i revise the bits i failed and try again at another date? I really am feely down about it i have been living eating and sleepy navy for months and want it so bad, As i spoke to the bloke at the office what got me was the time i left questions unanswered due to running out of time :( if there is anyone that works at an AFCO reads this i would really appriciate some good news lol.

Thanks

Clarke Moule

Hi Clarke,

Firstly you should have had it explained to you by the AFCO staff at Chelmsford. If you failed the RT for your branch did they offer you any other job? If you failed for any job, then yes you can go back for re-testing provided that this is your first attempt. You have 2 options for a re-take 12 months minimum wait if you do nothing to give yourself a better chance, or 6 months if you attend some sort of course to give yourself a better chance of passing next time.

There's plenty of help on this site already in hapling prepare yourself for the next time.

Hope this helps

Supermario

:)

P.s the job i was going for is WESM

viglen said:
Hey

im writing this as i return from my local AFCO (chelmsford) and regret to say i failed the RT (Recruitment Test) and im left unclear of what is still open for me, Can i revise the bits i failed and try again at another date? I really am feely down about it i have been living eating and sleepy navy for months and want it so bad, As i spoke to the bloke at the office what got me was the time i left questions unanswered due to running out of time :( if there is anyone that works at an AFCO reads this i would really appriciate some good news lol.

Thanks

Clarke Moule

P.s the job i was going for is WESM
Perhaps your best bet would be to contact your local college and sign on for a course in GCSE English :twisted:
May as well do GCSE Maths at the same time.
Preparation is 90% of success.

Thanks Alot Guys that helped. :) this forum is a life line

I do remember him actually saying if i get some books and go online and show some progress he will book me for a retest

If anyone has failed the RT before please comment about what you did and how you got on with the AFCO staff

Thanks again

AledJ

Lantern Swinger
I'm retaking my test some time in April. Failed it last time because of the maths, but have seen had a tutor to help me improve. All I can say advice wise is find a tutor/local college and just hammer away at what you fell down on.

Yes i did

it wasnt the questions that got me it was the time

i was too slow on reading the questions and the result was handing the test in with a Quarter of it blank

My advice to anyone is get used to reading and understanding questions fast and PASS on ones you dont know straight away