In need of a hug

Discussion in 'Nearest & Dearest' started by Vardy, May 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Other half - gone. not back til October. Im in much need of a kick *********** as Im sat wallowing in my own self pitty and I KNOW I shouldnt be and Im not the only person on this planet and nor am I on my own in feeling lonely and lost without my loved one but its just so god damn hard and i I miss him so much!!!! and Ive just filled up whilst writing this....please can i have a hug?

Axx

2. Here's one:

[​IMG]

3. Thank you. Im in the process of writing my first ebluey to him and i think it just has to be done. then i can start sorting myself out and get on with things.

Ax

4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Ames, you'll get through it. I surprised Mrs Blobbs the other day by still having all the little cards and blueys she sent me when I was away. E-mails are great but write some maileys as well, you can hold them and re-read them when your alone. Talk about everything, the least pussers the better.

5. pussers? as in negative and blubbery?

Ax

6. wet_blobby

Pussers as in Navy.

7. "Pusser" is a matelot slang word for the Royal Navy.

I think that what WB is saying is that correspondence about anything but the Royal Navy is most welcome when you are miles from land on a ship (or in a sub).

edit: sorry WetB, didn't see your explanation before I started to write!

8. Ah I see.

Thanks

xxx

9. For what it's worth, I think that it will be good to tell him about your plans and the things you've been doing whenever you write - you know, signing up for a course in Holiday Spanish, learning to drive, going to see a mate for the weekend, all positive, perky stuff, if you can. Keep it upbeat.

10. Vardy,

He is probably feeling the same way but, being on a ship and kept busy, probably not quite as intense.

However, you will soon find yourself looking forward to his home coming, and I expect that the
    date on your calendar will be circled with lipstick.

And, when that day arrives, Boy Scout's motto.

Jerry

11. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Stick three fingers up?! 8O :wink:

12. Heh. I havent got a date for his homecoming but its due to be october time. maybe september but im preparing myself for october. I know that time will fly but I just wish it would fly a little faster right now lol.

Axx

13. wet_blobby

Boy scouts motto, I much prefer the more optimistic..."Suck it and See"

14. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

:lol: :lol:

15. I think you will find that the time goes much more quickly that you think. I'm amazed at how quickly time flies - last Christmas seems such a short time ago but it was actually over 4 months ago. When he comes back, you will think "good grief, that went quickly!".

I'm sure that the early days are more difficult, so you should spoil yourself a bit - go out with friends or if at home, get out the DVDs he wouldn't want to watch - the chick flicks etc - wax your legs - get a tub of Ben and Jerry's. Aromatherapy baths etc. You know the drill.

16. hehe, yeh. thanks. nice to know people are out there that understand :)

Axxx

17. You'll be fine. (PS one other thing this place is good for is picking up jackspeak, so when he does come home and has lost all command of normal english you'll have a fighting chance at understanding him!)

18. Must.

Fcuking

Resist..............................

19. Come on Monty let it all out, better out than in!

20. Gaaaaaah, nooooo!!

Must. Not. upset. Soft. Saffa.............