In Memoriam

metocman

Lantern Swinger
Born in Carlisle, Mr Ismay served six years in the Royal Navy, seeing action in the Falklands War on board HMS Minerva and HMS Illustrious.

His final posting in the Navy was in Northern Ireland and that is where he met his future wife Sharon, at a function on board HMS Caroline.

Mr Ismay had been due to travel to the Aviva Stadium in Dublin last weekend to see Ireland take on Scotland in the last game of the Six Nations.

He had also been looking forward to a long-planned family holiday in Florida.

His fourth grandchild was on the way and his daughter Tori was soon to be married.

The long-serving prison officer was a “devoted husband, father and grandfather”, mourners were told.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Robby Evansto Rushden Royal Naval Association

Calling all of those who live locally. I need your help.
Rodney Richard Francis passed away on 24th October 2016. No family attending the funeral.. We know is that he served in the Royal Navy as a Chief Petty Officer for 25 years.
I will be officiating at his funeral which will be held this Thursday 24th November at 10am at Bedford Crematorium on Norse Road. Would any of you be able to attend and give him the send off that he so rightfully deserves? It's always especially sad at a funeral with no attendees but even more so when it is one of an ex-service man, who so bravely served his country. The last time I asked for support in similar circumstances, I was overwhelmed by the response. If anyone can spare just a little bit of their time on Thursday morning, it will be so very much appreciated. . With heartfelt thanks x x

Robby Evansto Rushden Royal Naval Association

Calling all of those who live locally. I need your help.
Rodney Richard Francis passed away on 24th October 2016. No family attending the funeral.. We know is that he served in the Royal Navy as a Chief Petty Officer for 25 years.
I will be officiating at his funeral which will be held this Thursday 24th November at 10am at Bedford Crematorium on Norse Road. Would any of you be able to attend and give him the send off that he so rightfully deserves? It's always especially sad at a funeral with no attendees but even more so when it is one of an ex-service man, who so bravely served his country. The last time I asked for support in similar circumstances, I was overwhelmed by the response. If anyone can spare just a little bit of their time on Thursday morning, it will be so very much appreciated. . With heartfelt thanks x x
If only after 12, I finish early Thursday and I'm off to Bedford after work :(

Tomorrow is splicers day for those in long enough to know.0n the 18th feb 1992 Jenny of Jenny side party died in Hong Kong.We all have memories of Jenny and her girls,infact the Queen gave her a BEM.She also had two long service medals.RIP Jenny,and raise your glasses to a Royal Navy LEGEND.

Read Admiral "Big Wilf" Graham. CO of HMS Ark Royal during BBC fly on the wall series SAILOR. A truly great skipper who will be sadly missed by all those who served with him. RIP Sir.

announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/221504/graham

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Alan “Tank” Harvey passed away at the age of 71 on Sunday 1st June 2018
During his Royal Naval career Alan served on HMS Fearless (3.01.68 - 6.01.69) and Submarines:
HMS Warspite (15.12.72 - 21.03.73, 11.05.73 - 7.10.75 and 20.09.77 - 21.03.79)
...See more

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bergen The Corps 14
golden_rivet History 5
Bergen The Corps 3