In Defence of the RN

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Seaweed, Sep 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

2. Interesting article. Alas it doesnt take into account that the govt has no interest whatsoever in safeguarding this nation.

3. While the bwankers rub their hands in eager anticipation of getting back onboard the obscene bonus train and the Lib Dems dance to Camerons tune, talk about fiddling while Rome burns. :evil:

4. A Nation asleep

5. As bloody usual. :cry: I expect many are more worried about cuts to their benefits.

6. Clegg is too busy promising more and more overseas aid to the world and Cameron is too busy devising new ways to embarrass and denigrate the nation so National defense is probably not gonna get the attention it deserves from the morons at the top. plus fox seems like a right useless one

7. Especially when "they" have added a further 3 billion to the already earmarked 9 billion to foreign aid.... :x

8. Beancounters rarely have and it's good to see that the honeymoon is over for the chuckle brothers.

9. Calm down Finky

10. Wise words indeed the last words of General Custer at the Battle of Little Bighorn 1876,
    " Clam down lads never interrupt the enemy when he is making a mistake" :oops: :p

11. I'm beginning to see an advantage in 1SL saying gash the Carriers and keep all the other Fleet elements to strength. Then see how long it would take for the political classes to shriek at the social, industrial and economic mayhem that would follow on. It would at least expose this political sham for what it is.

OK, we might never get Carriers ever again but we'd still have a credible Navy.

12. We certainly do have a credible navy as the article points out in the "fleet review" section -

"Other ships: HMS Bristol, HMS Caroline and HMS Victory" - There you go then - what's everyone worrying about?

13. Don't forget the "hidden" navy ready to spring into action, Namely HM ships and submarines Courageous, Alliance, Ocelot, Cavalier, Plymouth and Belfast.

I'm sure there's some I've missed

14. HMS Scylla is still in Plymouth (ish)!!

15. You just need a diving adqual!!!!!

SM

:)

16. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Meanwhile, preparations for King William's Royal Fleet Review in 2045 to mark the centenary of VE Day continue:

[​IMG]

(Form subdivisions in column, sub-divisional guides bearing abeam to starboard has just been hoisted from the Spinnaker Tower)

17. If you're going that way SM, could you have a shufty behind the boot lockers on the outboard side of 2K mess? I think I lost a tenner down there in 1973. :lol:

2BM

18. The word you are looking for is 'defence' oh great patriot.

Anyway, what are you gibbering about?

19. Surely you mean 3K mess.