In case you thought they'd been quiet...

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Well Norman needs to get out at weekends... (Mind you, I thought he wasn't allowed near kids, not since the Court case..!) :oops: :wink:

MMmmm expecting to see Credders back on around Easter...if he makes it, with a post like this;
"Whoohoo I did it, passed out and I'm off to Phase 2 on Monday...er can I call my PO mate now?"
NZB

scabz

Lantern Swinger
A 26-ton army tank dating back to the D-day landings...There will be another activity day tomorrow with the chance to make a medieval helmet, shield and battleaxe.
So, the chance for hands on experience of today's military equipment then...

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
scabz said:
A 26-ton army tank dating back to the D-day landings...There will be another activity day tomorrow with the chance to make a medieval helmet, shield and battleaxe.
Nah, HMS Battleaxe was decommissioned years ago... unless you're referring to Wrens?! 8O

Nah, HMS Battleaxe was decommissioned years ago... unless you're referring to Wrens?! 8O[/quote]

I take it you are still far away from civilisation somewhere in the Indian Ocean , or do you like living dangerously?

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Crabman said:
...I take it you are still far away from civilisation somewhere in the Indian Ocean, or do you like living dangerously?
Yes, occupational hazard, and nothing to do with my occupation... :wink:

scabz said:
If it linked to todays equipment it will probably have this scenario:

The Helmet will be second hand and the chin stay will not fit,
The axe will be too small for the job it is intended for, blunt and finally
there will not be enough shields available so three people will share one.