Improving 1.5 mile run time

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by ryanhawk7, Feb 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nice topics,

I think, you mean not only military man.

Run is a best practice....

2. I dont understand?

3. Looks good, Although I have completed my third PJFT today in a time of 10.10, which isnt good to some, but for me ( not being a naturally good at running ) is a good time. Although there is always room to improve!

I have never done Interval training so too speak. I will give it a go, and let you know how i get on!

WSTB

4. Good time, and this programme improves speed so i wouldn't be surprised if you knock 30 seconds off.

5. Most people can knock whole minutes off by just manning up!

6. True. Very true. But that method gets hard as the times get lower

7. Run longer distances until you can get your split time down to what you want...In other words, if you want to run the 1.5 in say 8 minutes...Get out there and work on the 3-mile run in 18 minutes...Then the 1.5 will be like a sprint...I was a helicopter rescue swimmer, and that is how we trained both running and in the pool...Make sure you are well-hydrated and keep your potassium levels up to avoid cramping.

8. Feck the running off just cuff it.

9. Actually, a better idea might be to walk into a Celtic's pub with a Rangers shirt on and start shouting abuse. Then all you have to do is get home again in one piece, you'll be doing your 1.5mile in no time at all after a few of those!

Works the other way around too, just incase you get bored.:thumbleft:

10. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Yoda? Is that you?

11. This looks really good, thanks.

"Do this workout two times a week combined with two longer runs of three to five miles during the week. In a few weeks, you will see your running pace increase and your mile times begin to drop while making your pace easier to maintain."

i do alot of swimming at the moment so do you think cutting down the longer runs during the week, to say 1 or 2, and carrying on with my swimming training would have that much of an effect?