Improper administration of AFPS 75

sandyspud

Midshipman
Sorry about the delay but I've only just heard back from my MP, who I'll be seeing on 4th of November and I've had some health issues to sort through. My main points are that HMRC say that if you receive SPVA 75 any reductions for Nation Insurance Abatements which are made at time of discharge and applied at retirement, should never change.
However in 2009 Equiniti Paymaster applied a reduction of AFPS 75, by index linking the abatement at discharge to the Consumer Price Index. I have approached MOD and found there is no authorisation to make these changes.
Any changes can only be authorised by MOD and approved by the Privy Council. I have a guarantee from MOD ( Freedom of information Act) that no letters had been issued by MOD or SPVA regarding pension reductions, excerpt from a letter from MOD (FOI) Norcross "The Ministry of Defence may make necessary changes to the Armed Forces Pension Scheme rules. The changes are approved by the Privy Council (for Navy rules). However, there have been no change to the scheme rules for this subject.
My MP has said he will pass any anomolies with AFPS 75 to the necessaries Ministries, and I will inform you of any further outcomes.​

sandyspud

Midshipman
Bandy_E, You will certainly be effected by AFPS 75, National Insurance modification changes, which were made without authorization from the Ministry of Defence or the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency, the amount involved probably amounts to approximately £234 per annum from your 65th birthday to the present time. You should contact your MP to have your case reviewed. If necessary I will supply what information you require.
I suggest the more ex-service personnel the better, who are receiving AFPS 75 or 05, should make the necessary enquiries.