Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Important Passport Question

Mitchel

Midshipman
I have just been having a look through the old treads and saw something about that the navy will sort out your passport for free, im joining up on febuary 28th and i have already filled out my passport application form and im going to send this week, but i was just wondering if this is true, and how i would go about it. thanks for any help.

Paddingtonbear

Lantern Swinger
I believe the Navy will pay for your passport.

Once you have joined you can claim the cost back through JPA (Joint Personal Administration).

Zoidberg

War Hero

Zoidberg

War Hero
Know what? I'm sure it'll be fine if you get one whilst you're there, just explain to the instructors you heard that the RN will give you one.

To back up what Drakey has said, You MUST have an indate passport on joining the RN or RM's. No passport no join, so send it away now.

Once in service the Navy will pay for any replacements you need

Supermario

:)

Topstop

War Hero
When I joined I already had one (74) it was taken off me, filled in the form and I was given a brand new Passport. :? How times have changed

lesbryan

War Hero
Topstop said:
When I joined I already had one (74) it was taken off me, filled in the form and I was given a brand new Passport. :? How times have changed
Didnt get one when i joined .But got one when we was taking the ship on and was my first LFS

SirRunsAlot

Badgeman
Bit of a thread hijack but a quick question:

I've just sent off for my passport again after they sent my application forms back because I didn't send a full birth cert with them just a normal one. I have my Pre Joining brief on the 26th so my passport might not be here by then. Do I need to show my passport at the pre joining brief? Or is it just Raleigh I need it for?

Tah.

James_B

Badgeman
Can one of you AFCO guys ask your pongo counterparts whether their rules are the same? I've got my brother sitting next to me who says he joined the Army (along with many others) in May '07 without one. They took them on a battlefield tour to France and Belgium 4 weeks into training without passports. NATO travel orders are good enough with a F Ident 693 (temporary certificate of service identity). He went on to claim a passport via JPA when he got round to it (about a year later).
In Raleigh you don't go abroad (does Cornwall count?) Talk of Tri-Service harmonisation!

bikerman

War Hero
My how things have changed. In joined in 88 without a pass passport, filled a form out and before I passed out issued a shiny new one never used. Got a new one before I left 2000. Had to pay for my first one last year Bugger.

Edit. no I not a Wafu and did a lot of sea time and plane travel.

Kittykat

Badgeman
Aah the good old days. My Ian's passport was issued1967 for 5 years.He is described as being 5. 11 with grey eyes (wrong) 6.2 eyes of blue. Profession is Government Service.There are no stamps on this. Oh but the trouble we had when he eventually needed one to travel home (UK England from Northern Ireland, Fire Service ID card of no use as he was retired)
Not a first time applicant and passport not lost.
It sickens me to think how much a 10 year passport costs, and he only got 2 years out of it. Incidently the renewal fee when his original was issued was£1 for 5years.Eventually I found the original and forwarded it to the passport agency whereupon it was returned marked cancelled. It expired 26/7/1972.
Ian was 17 when he received this from the Navy. My best laugh was that i had just turned 6

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B important passport question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
MoD_RSS Carrier Strike Group hits important milestone MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tough new rules crackdown on sellers to save important cultural items for the public MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Important information for customers living in the European Union (EU)/ European Economic Area (EEA) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Landmark extension for one of Britain’s most important sites for water birds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Nationally important wildflower grasslands get increased protection MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Important information leaflets published for prisoners & families MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Important work in tackling future risks restarts at Sellafield MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sellafield Ltd takes important first steps to prepare for phased restart of highest priority work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Important information for British nationals departing India MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Important Information Regarding COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus important update on IPO services MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Important information MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Important information for British Nationals departing Argentina MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Armed Forces protected from vexatious claims in important step MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK-Africa Investment Summit 2020: an important year for UK-Rwanda relations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK-Africe Investment Summit 2020: an important year for UK-Rwanda relations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS What is the UK-Africa investment summit and why is it important? MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Renew your tax credits - it's too important to forget MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Charity Commission reports on inquiry into Oxfam GB: “No charity is more important than the people it serves or the mission it pursues” MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: IMPORTANT - CICA Online Application Service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Local greenspaces important for children of all ages and backgrounds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Liberia: Important lessons for today's peacekeeping agenda MoD News 0
C Problems with my application and are references important. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
cobra_wasp97 Just came out of the recruiting office, forgot to ask two most important questions... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
soleil Telegraph: "Why It Is More Important Than Ever To Invest In Defence Of Democracy" MoD News 0
alfred_the_great Important - NEM consultation: the future of your employment Current Affairs 9
Blackrat Important Newbie Info Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
R Important Raleigh question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
Mulder Important Decision to make.... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
2_deck_dash Some important lifestyle choices. Diamond Lil's 42
deano_navy IMPORTANT FORCES QUESTION! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
M How important is BMI? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 59
D Leave for a wedding/important event Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
S quite an important question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
BoxKickerSubs IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR USERS OF JANE'S MILITARY WEBSITE & DVD The Quarterdeck 4
defenceheadquarters Armed Forces Memorial unveiling: Important ticket news Current Affairs 2
L ***IMPORTANT INFO*** HEADLEY COURT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
sgtpepperband Very Important Update.... Please read The Gash Barge 15
left_handed_sailor Important question for the Iranian survivors Current Affairs 108
K Air Engineering technician? important questions? Please help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
N How important is the money? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 9
D A brief but important career Current Affairs 6
MoD_RSS First ballot of the 2021 Youth Mobility Scheme for Hong Kong SAR passport holders MoD News 0
B Passport Photo Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS Passport to safety – open to all suppliers, large and small MoD News 0
J Passport? Joining the Royal Navy 4
MoD_RSS UK Youth Mobility Scheme 2020 for Hong Kong SAR passport holders: second ballot MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Her Majesty's Passport Office update on passport applications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Youth Mobility Scheme 2020 for Hong Kong SAR passport holders MoD News 0