IMPORTANT FORCES QUESTION!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by deano_navy, Apr 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HI i am just wondering... if you are in the process of application with the Navy can you still apply to be in another force e.g RAF?

really need to know this.

RT - passed
    Medical - booked soon.
    (for royal navy)

2. The RAF aren't another Armed Force!

Why on Earth would you want to join the RAF?

3. Maybe you should change your name to deano_raf :?

4. just a question. thought i would get a reply like that.

5. RAF have literally three jobs going, maybe, if you're lucky, and the Navy waiting times are getting ridiculous too it seems.
    What branch have you applied for Dean?

6. If you can't take a joke don't join up or better still join the raf!! :wink:

7. i thought the raf stopped taking app's or am i mistaken? Any thing you go for in the forces your in for a wait mate, even civy 4 years for fire serivce dont bother with police its that long.

8. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You're not this Deano are you?

[​IMG]

9. no haha.

anyway guys its took me like 30 mins and ive already decided that the navy will be 10000 times better and ill stick out the wait. :eek:

10. Blackrat

Good.

And as for wanting to join the RAF, have a fucking word sunshine. You're much better off with the Army and failing that, the Andrew. :D

11. the andrew?

12. Blackrat

*Wah shield down*

The Royal Navy

*Wah shield up*

13. Slang for the Navy

Andrew (the) - (UK) Nickname for the Royal Navy. Refers to pressgang leader Andrew Miller who, it was said, owned the Royal Navy

SM

:)

14. Blackrat

You learn something new every day it would seem. Cheers for the history SM!

15. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The title "The Andrew" is interestingly seldom used by those actually serving nowadays unless ironically, but frequently used by those with former Naval service.

The latter appear to use the phrase to wind-up the former, but also to alert them to the fact that a long, drawn-out recollection of how things used to be, is inbound. It works a treat & can clear bars in a base port area on the last working day of the month within seconds. (Handy when there's a queue at the bar) :wink: