IMPORTANT FORCES QUESTION!

HI i am just wondering... if you are in the process of application with the Navy can you still apply to be in another force e.g RAF?

really need to know this.

RT - passed
Medical - booked soon.
(for royal navy)

scouse_B

Lantern Swinger
deano_navy said:
HI i am just wondering... if you are in the process of application with the Navy can you still apply to be in another force e.g RAF?

really need to know this.

RT - passed
Medical - booked soon.
(for royal navy)
Maybe you should change your name to deano_raf :?

RAF have literally three jobs going, maybe, if you're lucky, and the Navy waiting times are getting ridiculous too it seems.
What branch have you applied for Dean?

i thought the raf stopped taking app's or am i mistaken? Any thing you go for in the forces your in for a wait mate, even civy 4 years for fire serivce dont bother with police its that long.

no haha.

anyway guys its took me like 30 mins and ive already decided that the navy will be 10000 times better and ill stick out the wait. :eek:

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
supermario said:
Slang for the Navy

Andrew (the) - (UK) Nickname for the Royal Navy. Refers to pressgang leader Andrew Miller who, it was said, owned the Royal Navy

SM

:)
You learn something new every day it would seem. Cheers for the history SM!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
supermario said:
deano_navy said:
the andrew?
Slang for the Navy

Andrew (the) - (UK) Nickname for the Royal Navy. Refers to pressgang leader Andrew Miller who, it was said, owned the Royal Navy

SM

:)
The title "The Andrew" is interestingly seldom used by those actually serving nowadays unless ironically, but frequently used by those with former Naval service.

The latter appear to use the phrase to wind-up the former, but also to alert them to the fact that a long, drawn-out recollection of how things used to be, is inbound. It works a treat & can clear bars in a base port area on the last working day of the month within seconds. (Handy when there's a queue at the bar) :wink: