Impeachment of Darth Cheney Passes First Hurdle

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Bergen, Nov 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Earlier today a bill was introduced on the floor of the US Senate to begin impeachment proceedings against Darth Cheney. Very surprisingly it passed 218-194 with 3 Republicans also voting to impeach.

One indication of the change in the political climate in the House is the announcement by Rep. Robert Wexler (D-FL), a six-term congressman and a member of the House Judiciary Committee, that he will call for the Judiciary Committee to take up Kucinich’s impeachment bill. This is significant because Wexler, no left-wing hothead, is not a co-signer of the Kucinich bill.

In an email message to constituents, Wexler said:

"I share your belief that Vice President Cheney must answer for his deceptive actions in office, particularly with regard to the preparations for the Iraq war and the revelation of the identity of covert agent Valerie Plame Wilson as part of political retribution against her husband."

"...Cheney and the bush Administration have demonstrated a consistent pattern of abusing the law and misleading Congress and the American people. We see the consequences of these actions abroad in Iraq and at home through the violations of our civil liberties. The American people are served will with a legitimate and thorough impeachment inquiry. I will urge the Judiciary Committee to schedule impeachment hearings immediately and not let this issue languish as it has over the last six months. Only through hearings can we begin to correct the abuses of Dick Cheney and the Bush administration; and if it is determined in these hearings that Vice President Cheney has committed High Crimes and Misdemeanors, he should be impeached and removed from office. It is time for Congress to expose the multitude of misdeeds of the Administration and I am hopeful that the Judiciary Committee will expeditiously begin an investigation of this matter."

[​IMG]

RM

2. I bet it doesn't go through.

He isn't say that to George either, he is saying "there a fuckin great skid mark up the back of your pants george".

3. It matters not whether this motion proceeds; the importance of the motion is that it has cross-party support and is the first constitutional challenge to Tweedle-Dumb & Tweeddle Fcukin Dumber.

RM

4. Can you spell "Haliburton", they should have been wise to Cheney from the get go, his dirty fingers are over everything, wouldn't surprise me once they start to pursue the money trail what they will find...

Should have happened sooner, but with the blinders on thanks to irrational thinking so soon after 9/11 people are only just now wising up to this stuff, mostly because the "your unpatriotic" slur doesn't carry as much weight today as it did then..

I bet the plans for rebuilding Iraq were better then the plans for taking Iraq and for what happens afterwards.... :threaten:

5. Good idea, we should get us some of those.