Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by BDM, Jul 16, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BDM

BDM Midshipman

I only passed my PJFT on monday and done my SC tuesday its now 7am on wednesday morning ,,,what time frame after these do you find out when your PRNC date is? is it after security clearance comes back ok ? is it through post or email ? also some people have a PRNC and a Raleigh start date might i get both at the same time ?

sorry its too early to annoy my AFCO and bored at work :homework:
  2. You won't get a prnc date until you have a date for hms raleigh, it has to be done a certain time before you start so giving you a date for that before you have a place at basic would be pointless. You might get both at the same time or you might get your date for basic first and then your prnc one a short while after- either way just make sure your afco has all your up to date contact details and they will let you know as soon as you are allocated a place. I got a phone call to tell me and then an email to confirm and then a letter with an acceptance slip to post back. How long this will be depends on the wait time for the trade you have applied for etc.
  3. If you don't hear anything by 1000 on Thursday, give them a ring....
    • Like Like x 3
  4. BDM

BDM Midshipman

ok thanks clears that up for me :)
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I'd be inclined to cool your jets a bit.

Besides, the AFCO will be open in just over 20 minutes, they will be gagging for your call.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. And after all of that you decided not to join....
  7. Do you have your joining date yet or have you to be patient and wait? :lurk:
  8. it took two and a half years to get a joining date for me and im still waiting to go to basic now! Filters out those who are not serious imo
  9. I just mentally pictured Ninj hatching a phone, squatting over it with a warm cuppa and a broadsheet turned to the sport section. Whistling a happy tune between sips, glancing up at the clock anticipating the jangle (do phones still jangle anywhere?? My VoIP thing will cough politely if I tell it to...)
    "Hello AFCO. Have you tried turning it off and on again....."
  10. BDM

BDM Midshipman

The guy that will give my AFCO the date is on holiday this week the selfish btard they wouldn't give me his address I don't know why?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BDM

BDM Midshipman

Raleigh 4th of Jan 2015 ......... .......:wave:
  12. Congrats BDM, what are you joining as?
  13. Pier Cellars will be ffing cold! Good luck unless your joining as a fishead
  14. BDM

BDM Midshipman

I'm going in as marine engineering submariner
  15. Your hairy arse will keep you warm then
  16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I'll bet your AFCO is nearly as pleased as you are.