Impact on reapplying

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Johhnny Smithson, Feb 7, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all. About two years ago now I applied to join the Royal Navy. I passed the recruitment test but shortly afterwards had my application terminated due to person family issues going on at the time. I kept my careers advisor informed about this and didn't just disappear. Now that I've gotten some work experience since then, and the personal issue has resolved itself I'm considering applying again. Will my past decision of 'pulling out' my old application impact my chances of success in reapplying?
  2. It would be a VERY good idea to delete that post and create a new profile without using your name, then re-writing it using a new 'funny' name'.

It is called PERSEC. (PERsonal SECurity)
  3. It's okay it's a completely made up name anyway. Can anyone help me with my query?
  4. No. I truly do not think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Thanks. That's quite a relief then
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Assuming you didn't actually complete selection, get an allocated entry date, didn't show up at Raleigh on the appointed day, THEN told your Careers Adviser about it in retrospect, there should not be an issue.

Basically "no shows" tend to be afforded the same courtesy in return, but those that keep their AFCO in the picture ahead of the game-plan, and don't have a repeat history of unreliability, are not unduly disadvantaged.
  7. Your AFCO is the only place that can give you a definitive answer- I would suggest calling them and letting them know your concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Thanks for the two latest responses. I'm going to call them and tell them my situation fully
  9. Am I able to just walk into my careers office to ask someone? And at the same time, find out more about a particular role?
  10. Providing your legs work, I don't see why not.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator