Immigration. The new surge

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by trelawney126, Nov 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Excellent! More drain on the nhs and jobcentreplus.

2. Just when i thought a Monday couldn't get any worse

• Like Like x 1
  3. Things can only get better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4. Seem to remember that being the New Liebour theme tune, who would have guessed eh!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

If by 'things' you mean the intellectual level of analysis and debate on the thread subject, I'm not holding my breath.

• Like Like x 1
  6. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Easy Seadog, in the 80's this would be considered cutting edge.

Sent by my ZX Spectrum 48K

7. Volume up a touch, tone down a bit, see if it`ll load now.

9. This is going to sound like a "my Dad's mates brothers cousin told me" type of post but I heard a woman on the radio today (can't remember her name or which station, radio 2 or 4) claiming that illegals are fed up over here and are paying people smugglers to get them back to the continent to try their luck over there,

Sounds a bit dubious to me as they shell out all their dosh to get here so how would they have money to go back. She claimed they were scared to hand themselves in as they'd get deported back to country of origin.

Anyone heard of this before or was I hallucinating?

10. No, you weren't hallucinating - it was on Radio 2 - news bulletin - Chris Evans show this morning.

11. Cheers Nick, still can't see it myself though.

12. I hope that is true, i will get in touch with one these leather coat wearing Gypo's and help them to the best of my ability to send them back, i'll even let them repair their rafts

13. To be honest that made very little sense whatsoever, but the theme was clearly blind bigotry. I'm sure that the 'leather coat wearing Gypo's' are shitting themselves now that you are on their case. I'd call you a cunt if this was Lil's.

14. Guzzler,

Agreed.

If this was CA and if Seadog was a Moderator surely it would have been cropped or consigned to DL's long before now?

Standards...

:roll:

15. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Flagdeck, the requirements for contributions to 'Current Affairs' was established long before you rocked up with your crayons. Those of us who want a higher standard of conversation only ask for one forum. Those who want to demonstrate IQs of a snowman have at least two. Stick to them. For those who just don't get it, there is moderation. !

16. Watching Panorama on the BBC last night showed that it is outrageous that illegals are having to pay extortionate amounts of money to leave the country. Any right minded person can see that it is right that taxes are to be increased and spending on the NHS reduced to ensure that these people are housed and taken care of.
    The rich Western European countries must welcome our European brothers and sisters into our arms. The Romanians and Bulgarians will add an extra vibrant diversity to our lives.
    And anyone who doesn't think this way is a knuckledragging racist bigot who will need to be sent on an Equality and Diversity course to point out the error of their thinking. After all this is a democracy and we can't have people speaking out.

• Like Like x 1
  18. This is the unofficial forum of the Royal Navy..........(a clue there).....it is not the Oxford debating society nor the floor of the house of commons....and, more importantly......you don't own it ....now be a good chap and crawl back into your ivory tower.