IMF

SheffGruff

Badgeman
Do they teach you how to do your climbs when you get there or are you expected to know when you arrive. Might sound like a stupid question. Also how many sit ups and crunches are done during the abs circuit

Thanks
All aspects of IMF are taught to you by an instructor. If you don't want it to be painful I suggest being a fast learner.

Ropes are initially taught on short ropes in the upstairs gym because there is a knack to the technique which takes practice and some get it faster than others. It's all in the legs - but if you have good core strength that helps you do bigger shifts and be able to climb more quickly.

Abs are typically 3 sets of 20-30 reps IIRC, but they vary it depending on how knackered the class is and how often the retards **** up doing it properly.

Joshw251

I go to Raleigh in a week and I'm just ever so slightly sad I wont get to do the rope climb there. Cheers for that heads up though
You could possibly still do them if covid eases more . We didn’t do ropes till like week 2 or 3 then got moved outside so got a couple weeks at least for it to change

Joshw251

Do they teach you how to do your climbs when you get there or are you expected to know when you arrive. Might sound like a stupid question. Also how many sit ups and crunches are done during the abs circuit

Thanks
they teach you yeah and they ask everyone who’s still struggling and they’ll go through it 1 to 1 and there chill about so don’t worry if u struggle

SheffGruff

Badgeman
I saw a Covid phase 1 video here earlier with everyone doing spaced out distanced IMF outdoors and spaced out queuing for the kit store.

Do you then go back to the block to share four bogs and seven showers between 60 guys each day?

Joshw251

I saw a Covid phase 1 video here earlier with everyone doing spaced out distanced IMF outdoors and spaced out queuing for the kit store.

Do you then go back to the block to share four bogs and seven showers between 60 guys each day?
the spots are always like that and yeah u don’t have To social distance it’s only when ur in the public eye

Chris P

Lantern Swinger

No, you have to scrub the bog err heads and showers before and after you use them and sanitise the bog roll first:rolleyes:

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
The notion of integrity chucked under the bus within the first ten weeks
You're put into a separate block for the first two weeks to isolate as a group, any showing symptoms are then whisked away to another isolation block. Once all clear the class joins their division. This is done because you are supposed to self-isolate for 2 weeks before joining but then you use public transport to get to Raleigh, plus not every one tells the truth when asked if they've isolated for 2 weeks prior.

Last edited: