IMF

I have been told I may not attend a PRNC meaning I may miss out on some info past recruits have been given. I was wondering, what phys does IMF consist of?

I have seen lots of threads about this however I have never been able to find a suitable answer. Any answers will be appreciated. Thanks

SheffGruff

Badgeman
Standing very very still in a small corridor for an awkwardly long period of time with only a motivational poster to look at.

Running into the gym onto spots (if there's a reason why the RN are so good at doing 'socially distanced' group photos it's this).

Weird arm flailing with unintelligible shouting.

Four sets of Burpees and press-ups alternating between each exercise type.

Running around each other like weaving dogs at Crufts.

Running around like headless chickens.

Climbing ropes to gym ceiling 3 times.

Doing it again because people weren't paying attention when their partner was climbing.

Running outside up and down a hill then doing it again just because.

Abdominals routine of sit-ups/crunches.

Not touching yourself.

Couple of rounds of upper body weight circuits (press-ups, tricep dips, burpees, rope assisted body weight pullups).

More running and sprinting but shuttle-run style.

Not touching your face.

Gradual warmdown.

More climbing and outdoor hill sprinting for PT masochists.

There's one or two short breaks in the corridor to take on water which coincides with the PT staff putting out ropes/equipment.

Joshw251

I passed out 2 weeks ago because of covid were not allowed in the gym so we didn’t do rope climbs which makes it easier and also did it outdoors so might be abit different for u but here’s the outdoor routine. u start of with 10 minute warm up running about basically, then 4 corners which is 3 push ups, 6 as fast as u can then another 3, staying in the push up position in between, Then u do the same routine but u do burpees push ups again then mountain climbers. After that u do liveners which is spring 1 end of the tennis to other and back basically for like a minute or 2. Then after that u would do 3 rope climbs indoors but we couldn’t as I said so we did squats and walkout push ups basically, easy that. Then u do camp sprints, takes 3 mins, then sits ups which is a rest it’s so easy then u do another camp sprint then that’s it. But on imf pass out u will do a circuit at the end. It’s not that bad just practice doing push ups and staying in push up position and practice sprinting I guess haha . It’s not even a actual sprint u do it’s just running fast

dart16

Midshipman
Livener is a really fun part, where after finishing team games (the part weaving in and out of others whilst they are double marking time at full sprint) your then ordered to sprint forward and backwards on the pti,s command for as long as he feels. Just to liven you up!!

dart16

Midshipman
Livener is a really fun part, where after finishing team games (the part weaving in and out of others whilst they are double marking time at full sprint) your then ordered to sprint forward and backwards on the pti,s command for as long as he feels. Just to liven you up!!

SheffGruff

Badgeman
I believe I covered this with "Running around like headless chickens."

Do they teach you how to do your climbs when you get there or are you expected to know when you arrive. Might sound like a stupid question. Also how many sit ups and crunches are done during the abs circuit

Thanks

Oldest_Nozzer

Midshipman
Do they teach you how to do your climbs when you get there or are you expected to know when you arrive. Might sound like a stupid question. Also how many sit ups and crunches are done during the abs circuit

Thanks
I'm not going to lie... Yes that is a stupid question... Its a rope and you climb up it, do you really need to be taught how to essentially grip a rope and pull up?