Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by photface, Jan 24, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Just wondering exactly what the IMF pass out entails? I can only remember what I did at Raleigh which was the PTA and PTB. What else is there?

Thanks. All answers on a postcard...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Pretty sure it's a standard IMF lesson with ropes, skip-jump and that running march swing your arms around a bit thing you do at the end. Did it in 2012 and no idea whats changed since then!
  3. I did it in 2007ish, IMF wasn't IMF at all: not called it, and nothing like what you described...

4. IMF is lots of static PT on a numbered spot. Clubz out the front doing the shouty bit. You then do a few gym sprints, a run about down to the NMT school, then a circuit in the gym (like a flight deck circuit with a bit more equipment) then you do a climb on a rope a few times, finally some more gym sprints and then some more static on the spot stuff to finish off...
    • Like Like x 1
  5. IMF Pass Out is a full run through of all the exercises you learnt in the previous 9 weeks, lasts about 45 minutes.

-Warm up
    -Four corners
    -Team games
    -Camp sprint 1
    -Abs circuit
    -Camp sprint 2
    -Sprint circuit
    -Running march routine

Pretty sure that's all of it, I did mine at the beginning of December, embarrassing if it's not haha!
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. What is camp sprint 1 & 2 ? , do you run about with your hand on hip shouting ''Shut that door''.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Haha! It's an 800 metre (roughly) sprint up a hill and back down, and then back up, then back down. Absolute killer!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. That sounds awesome! And KILLER.

9. Awesome is Americanish ...behave .
  10. Sorry ... Sounds jolly good!

• Like Like x 2