Imf Passout

crash_evans

War Hero
Taking a wild stab in the dark, without knowing how it is marked etc, I would say that the individual was perceived to not be putting in the effort? There could be number of factors involved, maybe the individual had/has form be loafing in phys?

I am sure the individual will have been counselled by their PT staff/DI on areas to improve on.

Physical Hallow

Midshipman
Ok thanks was just worried as im going into week 8 and the only thing i think can stop me passing out is my IMF because i can only do 2 rope climbs

crash_evans

War Hero
Ok thanks was just worried as im going into week 8 and the only thing i think can stop me passing out is my IMF because i can only do 2 rope climbs
Don't get yourself bent out of shape about passing, as that will make you more anxious and it will snowball into blowing things out of proportion.

Unless rope climbing has changed since I did it (highly unlikely), it is all down to technique. I seem to remember "Arms up, knees bent, short shift, long shift, hands placed on top".

Anecdotally, I was rubbish at chin ups (probably had to do with my pigeon arms). Someone showed me the correct/best way to do it and then it is all down to practice and muscle memory.

Get some practice in under the supervision of the club swingers and it will also show C2DRIL.

Good luck.

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
Ask for some extra tuition in any spare time you can find.

"Staff, I am struggling with the rope climb. Is there any chance, please I could find some time for an extra session to help me with this?"

At least the PTI's will then be able to show that you have accepted responsibility, and tried to do something positive to resolve the situation. The best possible outcome is, of course, that a little 1-2-1 tuition helps your technique.

You have come to far to waste it all on one little rope-climb.
All the best
BH

Physical Hallow

Midshipman
I have mentioned it before but they say just come down on weekends which i have but no PTs are their, i have heard some people in their IMF passout have passed before with 0 rope climbs completed

crash_evans

War Hero
I wouldn’t rely on 2 deck dits. Also, if you are going to aim for failure it will be very apparent. There will be a duty PTI on a weekend and after secure. Their name is on Daily Orders. Touch base with the DI’s for the number to arrange.

Or get your DI to help a remedial program with the PTI. You have then demonstrated as per my post and Branch Hoppers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Physical Hallow

Midshipman
I have already been in past 4 weekends and still not got the technique and no PT staff are present at weekends excpet for the one in the office, i spoke to my DI about and they said its not the end of the world if i cant do it

crash_evans

War Hero
I find it quite hard to believe there isn’t a duty PTI at a weekend in a Phase 1 training establishment (unless he is doing a cracking Lord Lucan impression). We have 1 LPT and no one is here at weekends!

I will have a look on Daily Lies when I am back in work for RAL and get back to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash_evans

War Hero
And also in my PT sessions they do write some peoples name written down on the board who struggle and mine is never on their
So public naming and shaming? I’m not sure how I feel about that. Maybe it’s a modern leadership TQ. Not my style I have tbh.

T&B, if you can say you’ve done all you can and can hand on heart say you’ve tried your best. That’s all you can do.

Physical Hallow

Midshipman
So public naming and shaming? I’m not sure how I feel about that. Maybe it’s a modern leadership TQ. Not my style I have tbh.

T&B, if you can say you’ve done all you can and can hand on heart say you’ve tried your best. That’s all you can do.
Yea they do it near enough every lesson, do you think they will back class me or discharge me if i cant do the full 3 even when i am trying?

Physical Hallow

Midshipman
Yea hopefully not then, i did speak to my brother who has done this not so long ago and he said they dont think they will, hopefully not then alot of time and effort has been put in to get this far.