I'm worried about my Recruitment test! What score do I need to be a Weapons Technician?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by SAW12354, Apr 17, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Look. I got my Recruitment Test in a few weeks... I've been doin' revision. But, I want to know the following from people who have taken the test:

Should I go in a suit to make a good impression?
    How hard was it for you?
    What score do you need to be a Weapons Technician?

Thank you for your time!
    - Ryan
  2. rebbonk

rebbonk Badgeman Book Reviewer

Should I go in a suit to make a good impression? - Yes

How hard was it for you? - Don't worry about others, worry about yourself.

What score do you need to be a Weapons Technician? - It doesn't matter. You either hit it or you don't.

Just go along, be yourself and do your best.

Best of luck and come back and let us know how you got on.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Thank you
  4. I took my test last week. (AET)

In answer to your 3 questions

1. At your discretion, I think the thing that matters at this point is the pass/fail, however if you want to turn up in a suit by all means do so, a few blokes did when I went so there you have it.

2. In all honesty the questions weren't that bad it was time limit that made it hard and don't spend too much time on 1 question as this will make things even harder. If you're applying for an engineering role, then brush up on your maths and mechanical engineering and study hard against the clock.

3. This one I cannot answer and unfortunately as far as I'm aware of no one here will be able to tell you either, other than its a higher than average pass rate, if I were you I would aim for 100%.
  5. Ok thank you
  6. I'd say wear a suit. I wore one and the CPO said I made a good first impression. Study your ass off and make sure you can do long multiplication. Don't worry about the score or go for the bare minimum, do your best and you'll be fine.