I'm stilling worried, and to no conclusion...

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by CallumAS90, Jan 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey Everyone,

Im a little worried about the medical - I have hemangioma birthmarks on my back and although they've NEVER affected my life, Im a little worried about failing the medical. Theyre not too pleasing to the eyes. They've caused the right hand side of my back to swell up slightly in the affected areas, which are in short; small, harmless bloodclots.

Im shitting myself going to the medical incase they tsay I cant join the Royal Marines.

Baring in mind I've never ever had any problems in my sporting life, or physically, what do you think?

Help ease my mind?
  2. Bearing in mind that these birthmarks do not affect you in any way, why exactly are you worried?
  3. Because under the medical things it says you're disqualified if you have "any abnormal blood clotting"

4. But surely it isn't abnormal!

Look, I know what its like, you sit there worrying about what could go wrong and before you know it you've convinced yourself that you're going to fail.
  5. Concidering something like 0.01% of the UK has this shit It is abnormal..
  6. well why dont u contact your local GP and ask him, im sure he can help u out? correct me if im wrong guys.
  7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Concidering 99.9% need not apply I'm sure you'll be in the 0.01 % that can.

I am in no way able to offer upto date joining up info or medical advise but going on what I've seen in the Corps I can't see a problem, dont worry about "not pleasing on the eye" all Bootnecks are essence as soon as they Pass out. :dwarf:
  8. Well - Mondays my Medical date, so I'll hold you to that one mate, haha.

Thanks alot for your help though mate, I'll let you know the verdict.
  9. Haemangiomas are not a bar to entry - they're birthmarks and infer nothing about the ability of your blood to clot. Don't worry about it!
  10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

11. look at it as an advantage if you get shot you wont bleed to death