I'm new and want to join the Marines

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by iworkatacallcentre, Jan 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's something I've always wanted to do and I just don't know whether or not I'd be able to do it.

I'm 16 now and will be 17 and able to make an application for the coming year.

Basically I'm just looking for stories from training that anyone has got or anything that could help me.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hmmn, press 1 to say 'Hello',

2, to say 'welcome to Rum Ration',

3, to 'click on the link below'.

Good luck.
  3. With a call sign like yours 'Iworkat....', you either type too well to be a Royal or your sweating like a AFCO Officer before stand-easy (Soz Ninja :thumright: ) over your keyboard.
    If the former join up as a Writer in the RN, if the latter you'll fit right in the Corps.
    Allow Wet Blobby and I be your mentors and you'll go far (Well to the nearset pub anyhoo), at least Recruit .

Welcome aboard and please don't take this post seriously, it's still only January and I can't muster the enthusiasm to P.O Newbies yet :dwarf: .
  4. Perhaps I could help?.............................................. :w00t:
  5. I've had some interesting and very long conversations with people from call centres recently. Sometimes they ring me up to sell me things I don't want, sometimes they ask me for personal information, and sometimes ho ho ho they just won't take no for an answer :) and keep ringing back...the best ones were with Orange at 50p a minute and they liked me so much they kept me on the phone for about 45 minutes having such a jolly time, and did it twice too...

I've had such fun with you people from call centres...please lets meet up and I'll buy you a drink and we can have a really nice chat about life the universe and everything...

then I'm going to rip your miserable rat riddled head from your scrawny shoulders and dance on your crab infested pox-ridden rotting remains ...

we will have SUCH FUN TOGETHER :) :) :)

happy new year!!!!!
  6. Oh GR, tough day at the office? :rendeer:
  7. hey NZB how did you guess darling??? You must be psychic!!! LOL I had a tough time getting back from the North on the train, lots of encounters with uniformaed officials - such a hoot La di Da ...

sweetness and light personified - kisses everyone

8. Sorry about having to admit I work at a call centre!

Anyway, does anyone have any stories about the training?

9. Try this site out mate: www.prmc.co.uk

They have some storys which people have wrote about on there training :thumright:
  10. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Chico, its past your bedtime
  11. Even if I don't have any UCAS points can I still apply?
  12. if I'm correct you don't need any qualifications to join as a royal marine but you do need them to apply to be an officer, all you need to do is pass the psychometric test which i found was quite easy.
  13. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

To join as an Officer: The minimum entry requirements are five GCSEs (A-C)/five S grades (1-3) including English language and mathematics and two A levels/ three H grades. Applicants with alternative qualifications are considered on their individual merits.

To join as an Other Rank, what Carlm says.

You can apply for Officer from within the Corps, having joined as an Other Rank with just the minimum entry requirements: five GCSEs (A-C)/five S grades (1-3) including English language and mathematics, but it is far from the easiest route to Officer- far better you join as one if you can.
  14. ....nice to have a 16yr old with a good grasp of English grammer....innit. :thumright:
  15. Excuse me!
    I am 16 and I have a fair grasp at English grammer!

:D Atleast I think.
  16. ...innit :rendeer: :rendeer: