I'm lost, everything's new!

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by snapdragon, Dec 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all. I just thought I'd pop on here and see how it's going but everything's changed! Not even sure where to post this. I passed out of HMS Sultan a few weeks ago and I'm on Christmas leave right now. Dreading getting on my ship. Hope everyone's ok!
    SD

2. Congratulations on passing out.

Why?

3. Dunno, just really nervous. Came across a few people with dinosaur opinions at Sultan and hoping I won't have to endure any on my ship!

4. Well done on passing out :thumright:

Do you know what ship you are getting drafted to?

5. Well done Snaps :)

6. ..nothing changes Snaps, from your previous postings on this site you will be OK...congrats on passing out, keep us all posted on your RN career.

Stirl

7. hey Snaps.. well done......... knew you could do it.. with your take on life im sure you will be a welcome breath of fun and fresh air to which ever ship you join...........x

8. Hey Snappers well done. I'm sure Dragons can eat Dinosaurs for breakfast. You'll be OK mate.

9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Well done Snapper, everyone is nervous about joining their first ship so don't worry.

10. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

I wouldn't worry too much about that , Sultan is by its very nature full of dinosaurs: serial sickies, salt water activated backs and those who would rather opt for a nice 8 til 4 draft and stay at home in the Gosport area.

The real world is full of nice 21st Century Sailors :dwarf:

11. I f you where intellegant enuff snaps you will get a pompy based ship,the elite are generally based there as it home to the Royal Navy unlike that crap pasted on Plymouth train station

But congratulations go forth and trap

12. But I thought you said Pompy was for MEN of steel? Drag yourself out of that one! :biggrin:

13. if you can cope with the sad old farts, throwbacks and blimps on here Snaps you will be fine. I must say though whenever I hear sexist racist bollocks being spouted by even young lads on RR & ROMFT it makes me despair. I'm sure you will remember that you are better than that. Probably best to avoid the temptation to ACTUALLY glass anyone - doing it in your imagination is often surprisingly satisfying and if you learn to smile at the same time the tossers won't have a clue. Sad old throwbacks exist in all walks of life though and hey you can always hope for frieNdly fire if things get really bad (oops got to pretend I was only joking now I suppose)

AND WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Well done SD!

15. Well done Snaps , you will be fine on your first ship , bound to be a little nervous first couple of days but you'l soon get into the routine of it , ENJOY , :thumright:

16. Well done Snaps what are you going to be??

The first ship I was on I was told to join the queue, outside the coxswains Office, it turned out to be a crab inspection for the stokers

17. Congrats Snaps.

18. Well done Snaps. Don't worry about your first ship, if anyone tries to give you grief, give 'em some snappy answers like you've been known to do on here, (stand fast occifers, the Joss, and the Chief Stoker, or whoever your boss will be).
    Have a Happy New Year, and keep us all up to date with your progress.

Best wishes,
    2BM

19. That is really strange as you keep trying to pull the sad old farts, throwbacks and blimps on here

Mmm stereotypical frustrated Librarian rant eh?
    NZB

20. Oh and congratulations Snaps. You can now relax (A bit) as you're out of the factories into the real world.
    It'll be new, but so was joining in the first place and you have coped well enough to get through, keep your head down do your job, don't drip (Too much) and you'll soon be a valued member of your team. Good luck.
    NZB