Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm interested in learning more about the FAA

CallumAS90

Midshipman
I've read quite a bit already on the RN website and stuff, but I'm more interested in

1) What they're doing now
2) The Application Process

Thanks alot.

Ships_Cat

War Hero
oooooooh blimey Callum. Well, I doubt I'll be the first but here goes. Post this in the FAA section if you have more specific questions relating to the FAA. You will more likely get WAFUs replying. Your question is a little vague so amplify it a bit if you want sensible answers (otherwise you will just get Jacks humour...)

For joining info see the Newbies section, there are many posts already containing most of the info you will need. Use the search function and if you need help with finding the right terms then post what you are looking for in engrish and people will no doubt chime in with the jackspeak version you seek. Ninja Stokers sig contains the "how to join up" info link, hopefully correctly transcribed below

LINK: How to join the Royal Navy

I just bet myself a tot I'm not the first reply.......
[edit] Thankyou SPB, my faith in RR is steady. Now to pour myself a large one...... :drunken:

CallumAS90

Midshipman
Ships_Cat said:
oooooooh blimey Callum. Well, I doubt I'll be the first but here goes. Post this in the FAA section if you have more specific questions relating to the FAA. You will more likely get WAFUs replying. Your question is a little vague so amplify it a bit if you want sensible answers (otherwise you will just get Jacks humour...)

For joining info see the Newbies section, there are many posts already containing most of the info you will need. Use the search function and if you need help with finding the right terms then post what you are looking for in engrish and people will no doubt chime in with the jackspeak version you seek. Ninja Stokers sig contains the "how to join up" info link, hopefully correctly transcribed below

LINK: How to join the Royal Navy

I just bet myself a tot I'm not the first reply.......
[edit] Thankyou SPB, my faith in RR is steady. Now to pour myself a large one...... :drunken:

Okay thankyou very much.

Ships_Cat

War Hero
Callum, just ask chieftiff (or another mod) to move your post to the FAA forum (or just repost there, probably easier), that should get the ball rolling for you.

persona_non_grata

Lantern Swinger
Try and get yourself on an acquaint down to HMS Heron or some such escapade. From what I hear it's decent - get to have a go on the Dunker and stuff like that.
Application process is more Ninja_Stoker's ballpark I think.

PNG

chieftiff

War Hero
Callum,
Unfortunately I can't actually move this into the FAA forum but to start you off here is link to the FAA page of the RN website: LINK

Here is a link to the FAA forum thread on joining as an AET LINK

Have a look through both, if you have more specific questions please feel free to start a new thread, for specific enquiries about joining post in the Newbies forum where Ninja_Stoker our Career Office guru will help, for enquiries about FAA use FAA forum and I (or someone who knows what they are talking about) will attempt to help out.

It may also be worth ploughing through this thread: LINK

Welcome and good luck in your chosen career. :thumright:

natg

Lantern Swinger
Hi Callum, just been through the application process for Pilot, FAA, feel free to PM and i'll go through what happens with you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Interested in the Fleet Air Arm? The Fleet Air Arm 0
MoD_RSS M25 Junction 10/A3 Wisley interchange improvement - People interested in the proposal can register to give their views MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Norfolk Boreas Power Station - People interested in the proposal can register to give their views MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Store First Limited – information for creditors, customers, investors and other interested parties. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Store First Limited – information for creditors, customers, investors and other interested parties. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Store First Limited – information for creditors, customers, investors and other interested parties. MoD News 0
N Interested in becoming Royal Marine Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
I Interested in becoming a Logistics Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
J Interested in my application? Joining the Royal Navy 24
D Would you be interested in becoming a Trustee and Volunteer for the Sea Cadets in your local area? Charity 1
AL86 Interested in joining RFA MM2/SG2 Apprentice RFA 16
E Ex squaddie interested in joining up... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
P Interested parent Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
M Interested in marine engineer submariner Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
J Interested in joining - Food Allergy Health & Fitness 8
L Interested in Joining - Warship Inspiration Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
C Still serving RAF SNCO interested in helping SCC SCC and URNU 17
S interested in RM... any medical examiners here ? The Corps 2
M I'm very interested in the FAA. The Fleet Air Arm 24
C Interested in joining... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
NotmeChief Service Pals - if anyones interested. Nearest & Dearest 0
S Anyone interested in these guides? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
S Hello I'm interested in joining RN but... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
W Interested in joining. (RMR Notts) RMR 12
T Son interested in joining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
T Telemark Skiing Champs - Anyone Interested? Sports and Adventure Training 0
T Telemark Skiing Champs - Anyone Interested? The Corps 4
creddly For Those Who Are Interested... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
finknottle Are you Interested Diamond Lil's 53
frayedknotarts New member with a gift for those interested: Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
T Interested in joining the RNR Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 14
D Anyone interested in buying a Laser dinghy? The Quarterdeck 4
MoD_RSS New research reveals best investments to tackle learning crisis in vulnerable countries MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ODP celebrates learning campaigns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Embracing virtual learning on our projects MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thousands to benefit from high-quality community based English language learning MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £62 million to help discharge people with learning disabilities or autism into the community MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for bids in Kazakhstan: e-learning courses MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Learning at Work Week in ODP MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Using a virtual learning environment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Supporting engagement in learning for primary pupils when direct communication is limited MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New free online learning platform to boost workplace skills MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New major package to support online learning MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Early years apps approved to help families kick start learning at home MoD News 0
MoD_RSS All inpatients with learning disability or autism to be given case reviews MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Your Learning Map to transfer to GOV.UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Learning and development MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Top international award for ACT Awareness e-Learning MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New measures to improve care for people with autism and learning disabilities MoD News 0