I'm interested in learning more about the FAA

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by CallumAS90, Jan 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've read quite a bit already on the RN website and stuff, but I'm more interested in

1) What they're doing now
    2) The Application Process

Thanks alot.

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

1) They play with air planes and chellywopters...
    2) Go to your local AFCO and sign the paperwork?

:oops:

3. oooooooh blimey Callum. Well, I doubt I'll be the first but here goes. Post this in the FAA section if you have more specific questions relating to the FAA. You will more likely get WAFUs replying. Your question is a little vague so amplify it a bit if you want sensible answers (otherwise you will just get Jacks humour...)

For joining info see the Newbies section, there are many posts already containing most of the info you will need. Use the search function and if you need help with finding the right terms then post what you are looking for in engrish and people will no doubt chime in with the jackspeak version you seek. Ninja Stokers sig contains the "how to join up" info link, hopefully correctly transcribed below

LINK: How to join the Royal Navy

I just bet myself a tot I'm not the first reply.......
    [edit] Thankyou SPB, my faith in RR is steady. Now to pour myself a large one...... :drunken:

4. Okay thankyou very much.

5. Callum, just ask chieftiff (or another mod) to move your post to the FAA forum (or just repost there, probably easier), that should get the ball rolling for you.

6. Try and get yourself on an acquaint down to HMS Heron or some such escapade. From what I hear it's decent - get to have a go on the Dunker and stuff like that.
    Application process is more Ninja_Stoker's ballpark I think.

PNG

7. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Callum,
    Unfortunately I can't actually move this into the FAA forum but to start you off here is link to the FAA page of the RN website: LINK

Here is a link to the FAA forum thread on joining as an AET LINK

Have a look through both, if you have more specific questions please feel free to start a new thread, for specific enquiries about joining post in the Newbies forum where Ninja_Stoker our Career Office guru will help, for enquiries about FAA use FAA forum and I (or someone who knows what they are talking about) will attempt to help out.

It may also be worth ploughing through this thread: LINK

Welcome and good luck in your chosen career. :thumright:

8. Hi Callum, just been through the application process for Pilot, FAA, feel free to PM and i'll go through what happens with you.