Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"I'm in the SAS, my mate there is SBS"

Deano19

Lantern Swinger
I was out on the lash last night at a club in my hometown the lovely Belfast City of Northern Ireland. All was going well, me and my older brother, both ex army were getting beat into the ale when suddenly we found ourselves chatting to 2 strangers. Both had English accents, short back and sides and both young, 18-20. I whispered to my brother, "Squadies", he nodded back. In less than 5 minutes, me and my brother were briefed up, on what we spent the rest of the night giggling at.

One claimed he was an SAS trooper and the other just passed into the SBS. He started to talk about it, more or less bragging, I just winked at my brother with a giggle. Mr. SAS says "What are you laughing at?", to which me and my brother reply "Your full of shit" and "Stop talking shit" at the same time. He leans in and looks into my eyes, without saying anything. So I say, "Ok, so what were yous before yous became SAS and SBS?", he carries on looking smug and goes on to tell us that the SBS lad was in the Army's Engineers and the SAS fella was Royal Marines.

We burst out laughing. I said, "are you sure that was rehearsed the right way round?", to which they look puzzled and then in the mood for a fight. My brother then tells them we'll be back in a minute just wait here. We went outside, I wasnt sure why, I was looking forward to taking the piss. My brother starts talking to the bouncer, I had forgot my brother telling me he was ex-Royal Irish Regiment, the same as us.

It was a good sight to see the two special forces heroes, come out in a headlock from each arm of the same bouncer, we pissed ourselves all night.
 
Deano19 said:
I was out on the lash last night at a club in my hometown the lovely Belfast City of Northern Ireland. All was going well, me and my older brother, both ex army were getting beat into the ale when suddenly we found ourselves chatting to 2 strangers. Both had English accents, short back and sides and both young, 18-20. I whispered to my brother, "Squadies", he nodded back. In less than 5 minutes, me and my brother were briefed up, on what we spent the rest of the night giggling at.

One claimed he was an SAS trooper and the other just passed into the SBS. He started to talk about it, more or less bragging, I just winked at my brother with a giggle. Mr. SAS says "What are you laughing at?", to which me and my brother reply "Your full of shit" and "Stop talking shit" at the same time. He leans in and looks into my eyes, without saying anything. So I say, "Ok, so what were yous before yous became SAS and SBS?", he carries on looking smug and goes on to tell us that the SBS lad was in the Army's Engineers and the SAS fella was Royal Marines.

We burst out laughing. I said, "are you sure that was rehearsed the right way round?", to which they look puzzled and then in the mood for a fight. My brother then tells them we'll be back in a minute just wait here. We went outside, I wasnt sure why, I was looking forward to taking the piss. My brother starts talking to the bouncer, I had forgot my brother telling me he was ex-Royal Irish Regiment, the same as us.

It was a good sight to see the two special forces heroes, come out in a headlock from each arm of the same bouncer, we pissed ourselves all night.

Liar.

You fcuking walt-finding walt.
 

lesbryan

War Hero
Clown_Puncher said:
Deano19 said:
I was out on the lash last night at a club in my hometown the lovely Belfast City of Northern Ireland. All was going well, me and my older brother, both ex army were getting beat into the ale when suddenly we found ourselves chatting to 2 strangers. Both had English accents, short back and sides and both young, 18-20. I whispered to my brother, "Squadies", he nodded back. In less than 5 minutes, me and my brother were briefed up, on what we spent the rest of the night giggling at.

One claimed he was an SAS trooper and the other just passed into the SBS. He started to talk about it, more or less bragging, I just winked at my brother with a giggle. Mr. SAS says "What are you laughing at?", to which me and my brother reply "Your full of shit" and "Stop talking shit" at the same time. He leans in and looks into my eyes, without saying anything. So I say, "Ok, so what were yous before yous became SAS and SBS?", he carries on looking smug and goes on to tell us that the SBS lad was in the Army's Engineers and the SAS fella was Royal Marines.

We burst out laughing. I said, "are you sure that was rehearsed the right way round?", to which they look puzzled and then in the mood for a fight. My brother then tells them we'll be back in a minute just wait here. We went outside, I wasnt sure why, I was looking forward to taking the piss. My brother starts talking to the bouncer, I had forgot my brother telling me he was ex-Royal Irish Regiment, the same as us.

It was a good sight to see the two special forces heroes, come out in a headlock from each arm of the same bouncer, we pissed ourselves all night.

Liar.

You fcuking walt-finding walt.
Complete and utter claptrap liers
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Is this waltfest day,,,,,,or bullsh1te stealing dits day?

You could write that dit up with some changes,,,,"I went for a drink with my mate and got talking to a pair of guys. I whispered into my mates ear. The guys rejected our advances and the bouncer asked us to leave. We went home and had some hot chocolate and marshmallows".

I think you might have been believed with this version of events.
 
Deano19 said:
... me and my older brother, both ex army ........ex-Royal Irish Regiment......

Was he in for the same Dog Watch as yourself? You told us "C COY, 1 R IRISH and left a month before they deployed as I was turning 18 and didnt want to do infantry for 4 years or more" ?

Was your elder brother involved in trying to wean your wee sister "Shes 16 and on solvents in my house" off of the Solvents?

You never gave us the endex on that sister act: Did she ever get properly sorted out after all that advice you gained from RR in July?

Just Curious.
 

X.R.D

War Hero
Deano19 said:
I was out on the lash last night at a club in my hometown the lovely Belfast City of Northern Ireland. All was going well, me and my older brother, both ex army were getting beat into the ale when suddenly we found ourselves chatting to 2 strangers. Both had English accents, short back and sides and both young, 18-20. I whispered to my brother, "Squadies", he nodded back. In less than 5 minutes, me and my brother were briefed up, on what we spent the rest of the night giggling at.

One claimed he was an SAS trooper and the other just passed into the SBS. He started to talk about it, more or less bragging, I just winked at my brother with a giggle. Mr. SAS says "What are you laughing at?", to which me and my brother reply "Your full of shit" and "Stop talking shit" at the same time. He leans in and looks into my eyes, without saying anything. So I say, "Ok, so what were yous before yous became SAS and SBS?", he carries on looking smug and goes on to tell us that the SBS lad was in the Army's Engineers and the SAS fella was Royal Marines.

We burst out laughing. I said, "are you sure that was rehearsed the right way round?", to which they look puzzled and then in the mood for a fight. My brother then tells them we'll be back in a minute just wait here. We went outside, I wasnt sure why, I was looking forward to taking the piss. My brother starts talking to the bouncer, I had forgot my brother telling me he was ex-Royal Irish Regiment, the same as us.

It was a good sight to see the two special forces heroes, come out in a headlock from each arm of the same bouncer, we pissed ourselves all night.

The only flaw in this argument mate is that anyone can do SB selection these days, it is no longer the realm of the R.M and R.N. Similarly it might interest you that there have been quite a few Bootnecks who have served with the Regiment, such names as "Bob Consiglio" (ask Blobbs he knew him) and more recently Tpr lee Fitzsimmons who was killed when the Puma he was flying in over Baghdad went down. Nasty business.

Yes they were probably Walts but similarly its probably worth doing your research or else one day you never know you might meet said individuals!!!
 

BillyNoMates

War Hero
I met a bloke in a bar once. He said he was in the Regiment.
Liar turned out to be Lewis Collins, and he'd never ever met
anyone called the Black Viking either.
 

Deano19

Lantern Swinger
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp -

He was in Royal Irish I said that. He left after 4 years.

Yea, I ended up filling her druggy boyfriend in after he came knocking on the door stoned 3 times after 4am when I had my girlfriend over. Plus shes working in a hairdressers now and has got better things to be doing, I hope.

X.R.D -

Well with the off chance that the 'Royal Marine' had been with the SAS, he looked about 18 or 19 aswell, isn't it 3 years experience?
 

stirling2

Banned
BillyNoMates said:
I met a bloke in a bar once. He said he was in the Regiment.
Liar turned out to be Lewis Collins, and he'd never ever met
anyone called the Black Viking either.

Did you park your pint on his head Billy while you lit a tab ?, shortarse cnut.
 

Rumrat

War Hero
BillyNoMates said:
I met a bloke in a bar once. He said he was in the Regiment.
Liar turned out to be Lewis Collins, and he'd never ever met
anyone called the Black Viking either.

Try driving an HGV anywhere in the vicinity of Hereford, every fcuking big eats caravan you go to half the Regiment are there. All ex of course. I used to tell them "I've spent hours in Stirling lines" which was no lie as I used to deliver the tyres there from Dunlop when I drove for Christian Salvesen. The conversation used to change at that point , I suppose in case you asked them specifics about the camp. :twisted: :D :wink:
 

Deano19

Lantern Swinger
Rumrat said:
BillyNoMates said:
I met a bloke in a bar once. He said he was in the Regiment.
Liar turned out to be Lewis Collins, and he'd never ever met
anyone called the Black Viking either.

Try driving an HGV anywhere in the vicinity of Hereford, every fcuking big eats caravan you go to half the Regiment are there. All ex of course. I used to tell them "I've spent hours in Stirling lines" which was no lie as I used to deliver the tyres there from Dunlop when I drove for Christian Salvesen. The conversation used to change at that point , I suppose in case you asked them specifics about the camp. :twisted: :D :wink:

Sure you did :p
 

Rumrat

War Hero
Deano19 said:
Rumrat said:
BillyNoMates said:
I met a bloke in a bar once. He said he was in the Regiment.
Liar turned out to be Lewis Collins, and he'd never ever met
anyone called the Black Viking either.

Try driving an HGV anywhere in the vicinity of Hereford, every fcuking big eats caravan you go to half the Regiment are there. All ex of course. I used to tell them "I've spent hours in Stirling lines" which was no lie as I used to deliver the tyres there from Dunlop when I drove for Christian Salvesen. The conversation used to change at that point , I suppose in case you asked them specifics about the camp. :twisted: :D :wink:

Sure you did :p

Don't you remember telling me the life history of the regiment at Gazzers :?: :roll: :wink:
 

stirling2

Banned
Rumrat said:
BillyNoMates said:
I met a bloke in a bar once. He said he was in the Regiment.
Liar turned out to be Lewis Collins, and he'd never ever met
anyone called the Black Viking either.

Try driving an HGV anywhere in the vicinity of Hereford, every fcuking big eats caravan you go to half the Regiment are there. All ex of course. I used to tell them "I've spent hours in Stirling lines" which was no lie as I used to deliver the tyres there from Dunlop when I drove for Christian Salvesen. The conversation used to change at that point , I suppose in case you asked them specifics about the camp. :twisted: :D :wink:

Fcuk me now you are saying I snort drugs, I have had some wacky baccy in my time but I never did white powder.

As I am busy with this soudproofing install I have phoned an ex-bootie drinking buddy of mine and he is on your case, enjoy it.
 

jesse

War Hero
Rumrat said:
BillyNoMates said:
I met a bloke in a bar once. He said he was in the Regiment.
Liar turned out to be Lewis Collins, and he'd never ever met
anyone called the Black Viking either.

Try driving an HGV anywhere in the vicinity of Hereford, every fcuking big eats caravan you go to half the Regiment are there. All ex of course. I used to tell them "I've spent hours in Stirling lines" which was no lie as I used to deliver the tyres there from Dunlop when I drove for Christian Salvesen. The conversation used to change at that point , I suppose in case you asked them specifics about the camp. :twisted: :D :wink:
:roll: My experience exactly 'Yerefud" Ross on Wye, Ledbury and Leominster are knee deep in them. :roll:
 

JonnoJonno

Banned
jesse said:
:roll: My experience exactly 'Yerefud" Ross on Wye, Ledbury and Leominster are knee deep in them. :roll:

Don't forget the pikey blaggers in Craven Arms; full of burly cunts trying to intimidate other burly cunts with their service in the SAS. They don't like being called out on it either. Like any SAS man will want to settle in that shit hole- Shropshire's Lebanon
 

Rumrat

War Hero
stirling said:
Rumrat said:
BillyNoMates said:
I met a bloke in a bar once. He said he was in the Regiment.
Liar turned out to be Lewis Collins, and he'd never ever met
anyone called the Black Viking either.

Try driving an HGV anywhere in the vicinity of Hereford, every fcuking big eats caravan you go to half the Regiment are there. All ex of course. I used to tell them "I've spent hours in Stirling lines" which was no lie as I used to deliver the tyres there from Dunlop when I drove for Christian Salvesen. The conversation used to change at that point , I suppose in case you asked them specifics about the camp. :twisted: :D :wink:

Fcuk me now you are saying I snort drugs, I have had some wacky baccy in my time but I never did white powder.

As I am busy with this soudproofing install I have phoned an ex-bootie drinking buddy of mine and he is on your case, enjoy it.

A Booty? Couldn't you find anyone tough? :roll: 8O :twisted: :wink:
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1 Royal Marine to SAS Air Troop The Corps 27
Ageing_Gracefully Competition: Jock Lewes - Co-founder of the SAS Competitions 19
Rover SAS snubbed as defence chiefs appoint Navy man as Britain's anti-terror chief The Corps 14
soleil Telegraph: "SAS Target Taliban Using Royal Navy Submarine Technology" The Fleet Air Arm 4
T SAS war diary: The SAS secret hidden since World War II Current Affairs 2
2_deck_dash Genuine SAS/SBS/STC sunglasses - H4H auction - not to be missed. Charity 18
daffy1 SAS recruitment Current Affairs 0
soleil T'graph: "WikiLeaks: Ex-SAS Officers Hired As 'Human Bait' By Foreign Shipping Firms" Current Affairs 1
Darbi SAS Blue Jokes 2
The_Caretaker SAS Miscellaneous 0
Joint_Force_Harrier The SAS cant get him so send in the Crabs!!!!! Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 16
T Sad day for the SAS Diamond Lil's 0
NotmeChief SAS Motto The Gash Barge 35
Topaz SAS down under Diamond Lil's 18
S SAS Down Under. Tv series. RMR 19
Ninja_Stoker Fake SAS "Hero" exposed. Current Affairs 34
Ships_Cat Ex-SAS man deported to Equatorial Guinea Current Affairs 15
sgtpepperband SAS Troopers in £250k Fraud Current Affairs 14
mrsandeel SBS vs SAS The Corps 52
J Old mate search Nearest & Dearest 8
Tui Bird ELECTRICIAN'S MATE 1948 The Fleet 17
Sgt Jobsearch Driver's Mate - Winslow - £Competitive Salary + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
sgtpepperband "One shot on the black, mate..." Sports and Adventure Training 1
taffscrivs My mate. Blue Jokes 0
EarlyChop Cameron's mate found dead at Glastonbury. Current Affairs 75
thereverend 'Ere mate, got the time please? Diamond Lil's 12
NZ_Bootneck Psttt wanna buy a Hurricane mate..Only $4 Million NZ to you! Diamond Lil's 5
C unlucky to my mate haha Diamond Lil's 15
Z My best mate is a selfish cnut! The Gash Barge 37
Polto Selling for Charidee mate... Charity 13
K Roy Ledger (old ship mate) on 'Come Dine With Me' today Current Affairs 6
BillyNoMates Got any spare change mate? The Internet - Best and Worst 0
HarryBosch New flat mate Diamond Lil's 20
Waspie SBS currently involved in incident off IOW (Sunday25/10/20) Current Affairs 15
H Volunteering for the SBS Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 20
Robin Lovelock Alternative RM SBS video for GPSS.co.uk ? The Corps 1
C SBS(r) RMR 4
B Navy to SBS? The Gash Barge 286
Waspie 29th November One day only - history of sbs 99pence The Book Club 0
Rover SBS. Vindicated after ten years. The Corps 13
S SBS or USA SEALS The Gash Barge 36
A The SBS and the UDT's/SEALS History 6
S Looking for a SBS Book. The Book Club 20
P Looking for Old SBS members The Corps 2
soleil BFBS: "Falklands Memorial For SBS Sergeant" The Corps 4
C RM/SBS Uniform question The Corps 9
H SBS r RMR 78
R Help Regarding SBS The Corps 21
soleil NotW: "Sea-k & Destroy: SBS Gets £8m Anti-pirate Sea Drone" The Corps 12
DannyW SBS Serving Time The Corps 24
Similar threads








SAS

SAS









































Latest Threads

New Posts

Top