I'm in a book

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by Polto, Jun 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry, but at 15 euros for an 'unknown author' e-book, I'll be passing on that one.

So, pray tell, what did your bit in the book involve?

2. I used to be in a book...........then I went ex-directory.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 15 euros sounds a bit steep. Only 1.04 uk pounds...in uk.

4. Left my self open for abuse I guess,but that's the price of 15 minutes of fame. You didn't mention the Led Zeppelin neck thingy dangly wot sit. I love you witty. Makes I chuckle. Largely.:laughing3:

5. Its £1.02 on mine, they are trying to swindle you! I might read it, as judging a book by its cover as one is supposed to the photograph looks inviting (giggity!)

6. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I'm actually mentioned in a book as well in relation to the first gulf war. I posted the bit on here a while ago somewhere.

7. Best you don't mention when we were on a T boat together, or that place beginning with R (that's R, not Arrrr). 'Er indoors thinks I'm an angel :angel8:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Is it in a book?

In fact thinking about it, I've been in loads of books..punishment book, daily occurence book etc etc.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  9. Told you not to tell him Pike.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm in a book too! Manual of Surgery, Rose and Carless, 19th edition, 1960. page 57, fig 3.8 (photo), and pages 200/201 chapter 11 for the text. The photo was actually taken in 1943 and I was presented with the grand sum of 7/6 (three half crowns) for being a co-operative subject whilst being manhandled by a group of budding surgeons. Since my pocket money at the time was reckoned in coppers I felt extraordinarily rich.

2BM

11. wal

wal Badgeman

Not only am I in a book. I'm in a museum. Now my boy thinks that I'm really old. The Rural Life Museum in Tilford.

Black cat shuts up.

12. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I've had my picture taken once or twice.

13. I'd like to be in a museum.

14. I've got a cat but it's Siamese!

Actually I've got 4 cats and one is black!

• Like Like x 1
  15. When I grow up, I'll show 'em what a blackcat is.
    BlackPanther1.jpeg

16. Does 'Blackrat' count? He is blacker than your cat. And a rat. And da bestest RR poster.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nah, he's a pongo FFS.

I think you've pulled Blackers