I'm gonna be rich

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Lingyai, Feb 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At last I have hit the jackpot, I got this email today and I am going to be rich. I am sure I may have to make some small payment myself first but I can't see how I can lose...... You be the judge :grin:

Hello Friend,

This letter might surprise you because we have never meet before neither in person nor by correspondence, but I believe that it takes just one day to meet or know someone either physically or through correspondence.

I got your contact through my personal search, you were revealed as being quite astute in private entrepreneurship, and one has no doubt in your ability to handle a financial business transaction. I am Mr. Liu Yan a transfer supervisor operations in investment section in Bank of China Ltd. Secretariat of the BOCHK Charitable Foundation 13/F. Bank of China Tower, 1 Garden Road, Hong Kong I have an obscured business suggestion for you.Before the U.S and Iraqi war our client General Mohammed Jassim Ali who work with the Iraqi forces and also business man made a numbered fixed deposit for 18 calendar months, with a value of Nineteen million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars only in my branch.

Upon maturity several notices was sent to him, even early in the war. Again after the war another notification was sent and still no response came from him. We later find out that General Mohammed Jassim Ali and his family had been killed during the war in a bomb blast that hit their home.After further investigation it was also discovered that General Mohammed Jassim Ali did not declare any next of kin in his official papers including the paper work of his bank deposit. And he also confided in me the last time he was at my office that no one except me knew of his deposit in my bank. So, Nineteen million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars is still lying in my bank and no one will ever come forward to claim it.

What bothers me most is that, according to the to the laws of my country at the expiration 3 years the funds will revert to the ownership of the Hong Kong Government if nobody applies to claim the funds. Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to General Mohammed Jassim Ali so that you will be able to receive his funds.I want you to know that I have had everything planned out so that we shall come out successful. I have contacted an attorney that will prepare the necessary document that will back you up as the next of kin to General Mohammed Jassim Ali, all what is required from you at this stage is for you to provide me with your Full Names, private phone number and Address so that the attorney can commence his job. After you have been made the next of kin, the attorney will also fill in for claims on your behalf and secure the necessary approval and letter of probate in your favor for the transfer of the funds to an account that will be provided by you with my guidiance.There is no risk involved at all in the matter as we are going adopt a legalized method and the attorney will prepare all the necessary documents.

Please endeavor to observe utmost discretion in all matters concerning this issue. Once the funds have been transferred to your nominated bank account we shall discuss the percentage issue on your reply.If you are interested please send me your full names, private phone/fax and current residential address, and I will prefer you to reach me on my private and secure email address below ([email protected] ) and finally after that I shall provide you with more details of this operation.

Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.
    N:B Please make sure you contact me on my private email ([email protected])

Best Regards

Liu Yan

2. I want at least half Lingyai !!!! Was the first to respond to your post!! :roll:
    Ya got to be kidding me????? :shock: :shock:

3. You can always play them along a bit, see here for some tips, and very funny stories....

Scambusters

:smile: :smile:

4. Well done, Lingyai. I too am onto this type of windfall. I am daily expecting to receive lots of dosh from Nigeria having sent my bank details to them. Champagne all round!

5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

last one I had was on about some german count or baron who'd been killed in the concorde flight me obviously being the closest living relative, what I found strange was it was faxed to me, thought these things where only e-mailed nower days, invest your windfall wisely lingyai need any tips....? :lol:

6. I hope Lingyai you invite all R n R members to your place for drinks all expenses paid :twisted:

7. The idea has been around for a few years now. To succeed though, it needs a special blend of stupidity and greed which I suspect is not apparent from the readership of RR.

Hadn't seen the scambusters site before though. Liked the one about the Vicar - vert amusing.

SF

8. What is really sad about this shite is there are actually knob heads out there who believe this shite.

Take that stupid woman who handed over half a million to a few Nigerians in return for diamonds worth ten million. Sob fecking sob I have lost all my money the greedy shite blurted out on the box.

Soft cow deserved it big house in the countryside. Convinced the more inteeligent people are the more stupid the common goes out the window.

MORE WANTS MORE as they say!!!

I have had in the name of our saviour Jesus Christ please help me to dispose of the millions my husband saved as traffic warden in Nigeria.

And the two septic booties who discovered a vault of millions when "LIBERATING" IRAQ and needed my bank account details to transfer funds.

Then the plane crash and a link to crash page.

Yeh sad that a few believe like Readers Digest on a grander scale.

9. All scams rely on greed and the recipients lack of complete honesty. After all if everyone was 100% honest no one would get involved in these scams. They must work though, every week I get at least one, mainly from our god fearing Nigerian brothers.

10. You mean that these things aren't true!!!!! oh my God....looks like I've lost my fiver then eh?? :roll: :grin:

11. Smiffy - that scambusters site was hilarious - very imaginative chap behind it!

12. As I only get the very occasional one they obviously indulge in selective targeting.

13. I am getting them in the post! Which means they are actually bothering to buy / steal stamps!

14. POST ************

Structural engineers report sat sitting at post office insufficient postage [PRAT]nine pence to pay plus quid handling fee. So when did that one come into being.