I'm going to join up. Questions.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Rumrat, Dec 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi my names Vodka vole, I am nephew to Rumrat and I'm borrowing his site to post these questions. I am the son of his sister Whiskey weasel and her husband Larger louse. I have a brother known as brick-wood badger, and a sister called Albert? We all like a drink. lol

Hooray, I'm going to Raleigh on Monday.lol
    I am so excited I peed my pants lol, when I made my arrangements.lol
    Will I need a big case, as I have been told mostly nowadays we can get by with small carriers lol.
    I think that's a matelot joke lol, a matelot is a kind of sailor, similar to uncle rumrat but younger. And I suppose sober.lol.
    Will I be called in the mornings in time for my breakfast lol, or if I run late will I get a proper breakfast using room service.
    Uncle rumrat said I haven't got the brains of a rocking horse, but he's silly lol, and I think I probably have.lol

What colour will the train be, and who meets me off the train the captain lol, or just a low rank officer like a commander.lol
    Sorry to ask all these questions lol but I need to find out quick and uncle rummy has gone to the dogs, mum said he had, wonder if he will win.lol Friday I am going to the AFCO to join up lol.
    If I intend to get there by Monday I must find these things out asap lol.
    I will need to clear off soon as uncle rummy is about to wake up. He doesn't get much sleep nowadays, just Monday Wednesday and Friday. lol He says he only need 72 hours a week now he's older, and the big sleeping tablets he has to suck, (shaped like bottles )do work most of the time.lol
    He said auntie Rummy is in a coma, but he's lying, she is on the kitchen floor, and when she fell, she dropped a bottle of sherry, she must have been making a trifle.

Should I take the medals I bought on eBay lol, they would look good on my uniform lol, or do you get some when you join. Would anyone notice I had not won them lol.
    If I find the colour of the uniform does not suit me lol, will they let me have another colour lol.
    Oh by the way I do have a small medical problem lol, I lost me leg in a car accident lol, but my friend who is quite up on Navy things lol (He has made at least 10 post's on RR) said not to worry it would be ok as quite a few sailors are legless. lol.
    I know its late here as I place my post, but I live in the north, so I suppose its about dinner time now in Chatsmouth, and portsham.
    I'm going to get my self in the heads down in the pit to get some sleep in.
    lol,lol, lol.
    Cannot wait now to meet up with Bulcrap and Zoid and all of the others Witsends is helping, as we all went to the same school. lol Not Witsend because he is not Indian or Pakistani, he is a chief.lol Or did uncle Rumrat say he was a medicine man. lol. Anyhow I know its sumfing like that as uncle Rummy said something about Witsend teaching them to speak proper England and that would be another feather in his cap, or bonnet, or was it beret. I think uncle Rumrat was in that school as he said something once about a tribal class. lol
    Anyway I will see you all soon and as soon as I pass out I will be happy. You all will recognise me in Chatsmouth as I will be wearing a navy uniform.lol

2. PMSL "lol"

3. Hi m8. lol, was finking of joynin up meself but I erd they dont do youniform in berberry innit. an my m8 ad his ipod taken of him on the perade grownd wen he woz marching abowt. lol. if u get in u can start up a blog on mytwiterfacebook wiv piktures of all the fit berdz an stuff.lol n e way wots the poynt of going to foren cuntries that sel gud drugs an stuff if the Navy wont let u keep em ? gotta go, my nipper Chardonay as woke up an wonts sum more pot noodle. L8r m8.

4. This is ace m8, but first would ya show me ow to use the camera on me fone, I no wich buton to pres but dono wich side to point. Uncle Rummy put aa ink mark on the side to point but it fell off.
    We could be bestist frenz at Rally just ask if anyone is vodka vole and if they say yes it will be me.
    Cheers Voddy.

Edited to supply some lol's.
    lol lol lol lol lol . Can u put em where you wood like em.lol

5. Will I need a car?

6. If you do, I believe Wannabe may have one going cheap !!

7. Is that what old people call "Wheels"?lol

No don't bring non lol, as I know how to start one as and when lol. Its not stealin as nwe dont keep it lol

8. m8 if we meat up at raly i rekon ther will b a lode of weels for us to TWOC.
    lol. mined u, i is thinkin of b coming a officer. lol. then its not steelin, its high jinks. lol pmsl lol innit.

l8r bro

9. In anuver post a geezer asked sumfink about waiting for his fats lol and uncle rummy said he waited for a fat minger to turn up as well lol but they didnt come lol.

Some old sea mungrel or summit dela.....dele......took it off lol
    What does Anal Retentive mean lol its what uncle rumrat sed he was lol you no......that seawolf, hound thingy. lol

10. I dont fink I can twoc with you yet, lol, as I got told what you can catch.

We could get vanarial thing lol or even worse band aids lol, but I think you only get that if you get shagged with a trumpet lol.
    I'll see ow we jel m8 init. lol

11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Genuine AFCO queries/occurences in the previous 12 months:

Can I join the RMR and be based in the West Indies?

Will the Navy pay for my childcare if I join?

How long must I be off drugs before joining?

From a parent: "My son's criminal convictions don't count because he was under 18"

Surprise at being not being interviewed after turning-up for Selection Interview 15 minutes late.

Surprise when finding out that "Discharged Unsuitable During Training (DUDT) means you were sacked.

Surprise when unable to re-join for a pair of years after submitting PVR "in error".

Surprise when a poor school reference indicating truancy, poor timekeeping or poor attitude to discipline/authority results in rejection.

Surprise when an undisclosed inhaler prescription in the preceding four years results in medical rejection.

12. Well I have to tell you in all honesty opps I could not do your job. As frivolous as I am during play time, professionally I do not suffer fools gladly.
    I am the first to admit when I am clueless about a given subject, but as I always told my kids, not knowing is not a sin, not trying is. If you can navigate onto a site like RR, you should be able to google.
    Keep up the good work and best of British. 8O :D

13. Quality! lol.

14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

To be fair, the job is quite satisfying most of the time.

Problem is that even if you don't particularly like a candidate, that doesn't mean he or she can't be accepted for service. Those that think "Who on earth let that plonker in?" may well have me to thank, but then again someone may have asked the same about me when I joined. :wink:

I'd honestly recommend recruiting to anyone that can "bite their tongue" and chuckle inwardly wondering if one of your oppos ends-up with the next divisional nightmare you're sending their way.

When all's said & done it's one job that often gets a good slagging by those serving, but those that visit an AFCO whilst serving will appreciate we knock-back about 4 times more than we accept, so believe it or not you're getting the top 25%. On the plus side we often get sincere thanks - usually from the parents of those joining - they're probably writing to say "Thank God" rather than just "Thanks" but that's how it comes across.

15. BZ that man. :D

16. HI VODKA…CONGRATULATIONS ON UR NU THOUGHT PROVOKNG CAERAR CHOIEC …IM SURA THEYRE LORDSHIPS AND UR MUM WIL B VERY HAPY…
    R3MAMBR!1!11!111 WTF LOL DONT TAEK ANY SHIT FROM ANYBODY AND MOST IMPORTANT DON’T LAT ANYONE SHOUT AT U TH3Y DO STIK TWO FNG3RS UP 2 THEM …THIS SI AN OLD NAVY SLANG MEANNG “SORY†AND ALWAYS GETS A POSITIEV REACTION….
    THA!111!1!!1!!1!1 OMG MOD3RN NAVY SI MUCH BTER THAN IN UR UNCLAS DAY U DONT 3VEN HAEV 2 WANK NO MOR3 DA SHIPS CARY WOM3N WHO WIL DO TAHT FOR U … AND MAN 2 IF UR SHIP CAREIS WAFOS…
    SO!!!!1!!! OMG WTF LOL BST OF LUK MAETY AND REMANBR N3V3R B FIRST UP …NEVER VOL3NTER AND NEVER STAND OUT AND U SHUD B ALRIGHT….
    !1!!11!!11!!1! LOL

17. Extraordinary.. The likeness to modern twerp speak is uncanny 8O Ever work undercover? ;)

18. Hey RR you old twat you been on the sauce make sure you don't swamp the missus

19. F**k me Rumrat how the heck did you manage to learn the lingo so well ? It took me some time to decode what's been said so far.

20. I fink me an Unc Albie will b m8s at rally an it it off lol.
    Stan we not on de sorse we is i on life m8.lol
    De aim is to arvest bling and look rite nails. so we can skank it out when the bruvs find us.lol
    ling is simps lol go wid de flo and nail it up m8 lol. :wink:

Actually there is an english to chav dic on google, but I think UA has contacts.
    Stirling just pops round his heighbours and gets it translated. :wink: lol