I'm going on a march against the cuts

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by golden_rivet, Feb 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ... in a couple of weeks. Load of civil servants so I don't expect to see fire extinguishers dropped from a great height or large objects thrust through Treasury windows however ...

what should I take?

a couple of spare (in addition to the ones I'll be wearing) pairs of incontinence pants

as much in the way of hot drinks in a thermos as I can carry without it being a burden to carry

warm clothes and spares

waterproofs

fully charged mobile

camera

anything else to cope with the inevitable "kettling" that has been in use at least since I was on similar demos in the 80s against Thatcher's cuts? Let's face it kids today aren't unique just following in a great British tradition ... it's not a new tactic, think Peterloo and Jallianwala Bagh ...

a great British tradition ... like bacon and eggs ... warm beer ... yeah yeah yeah

:violent1:

(hard hat?)

2. recommend one of these, How to Use a Texas Catheter | eHow.com

but ditch the bag and go for my rally mod; 10mm tubing taped down leg and emerging just above heel of boot, quality

3. HE rounds x 2 for the mortars secured under the top flap of your bergan.

4. The camera will be useful for those naughty film shy plods who forget to display their shoulder ID numbers.:plotting:
    Good luck take two hats you could be in deep.:notworthy:

5. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Serious question - are you still serving military? If so, then I would be very careful indeed about going, as that can land you in a world of poo.

6. Your Unemployment Benefit Form. An application to join the newly created soup kitchen and prority vouchers for the bread queue

7. A bucket and spade, plus a dustpan and broom for clearing the inevitable mess up afterwards..

After all - If the Egyptians can clean up after their mega-demos, surely it cannot be too much to ask UK demonstrators to follow their example?

8. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

The more CS we sack, the richer this country will be. Need to cull about a million.

9. Bo!!icks....As long as you don't break the law, you can attend anything you want, just because you may be a serving member of the armed forces, it does not diminish your right to take part in legal demonstrations. In the 80's loads of us went on CND marches....cos there was so much fanny on them we never ever failed to interfere with their underwater fittings !!!

10. That's true
    Few ships few aircraft A suggestion of an army but many Chiefs of Staff so get rid of them -all but two--One is a close relatve and the other my aunties brother. Those two to remain.

11. I think you'll find the only connection she's got to the military is a fondness for servicemen!

12. especially old soldiers ;-)

13. I for one am all for kettling protesters. For those of us who work in central London, protesters are a pain in the rec space. Kettling helps those of us with jobs to get on and do them. I now work in the public sector and we have had our round of redundancies this year, and believe me no one was made redundant who did not want to be. In fact we were over subscribed with volunteers, that's how good the redundancy package is in the public sector. I would like to point out that we are a very small part of the governement sector, so it would be disingenous of me to think that my experience is the same for all public sector departments.

Sparkerbuntingnowcis, should be now sparkerbuntingcisnowcivvy but can't be ars*d to change username.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011

14. :laughing9::laughing9::laughing9::laughing9: Still beleive in Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy I take it?

15. No, but at least I can spell!! Don't try to believe that as a member of the armed forces we are anything special, cos we're not. As an ordinary member of society we can do anything we want as long as it's not illegal, or construed as being against the good order of military discipline. Demonstrating your opposition to a government policy is permitted as long as you do it iaw the law of the land.
    No need for believing in Father Christmas or the Tooth Fairy !!, bet you still think Prince Philip owns a white Peugeot doncha ???

16. Not sure that mentioning civil servants and fairies in the same breath is permissable under The Alice in Wonderland clause. Perhaps it was through The Looking Glass. Anyway no fairies if you don't mind Sensitive dontchaknow?

17. Didnt think Navy personnel were suposed to involve themselves in political activities and protests?.

Probably just me being wrong I guess :) If you believe strongly enough then best of luck to you Rivet

18. She's a civvy Matelot groupie.

19. Ah right fair enough :)