I'm Fuming, Absolutely F*cking Fuming!!!

GCYZ

Lantern Swinger
Always_a_Civvy said:
Thanks Dunkers! I take it that when I have gleaned more information here (so I know what I'm actually talking about) it would be the CMR rather than either the Director Naval Training or Director Naval Reserves whom I should contact?

AAC
Please don't take offence, but what has this to do with you? There is a chain of command which quite frankly, you are not part of.
Your comments and advice on this forum are welcome, but please don't go wading into something you know little about and have no involvement with.
This form is good for having a rant, not for solving in unit problems.

Clouseau

Banned
GCYZ said:
Always_a_Civvy said:
Thanks Dunkers! I take it that when I have gleaned more information here (so I know what I'm actually talking about) it would be the CMR rather than either the Director Naval Training or Director Naval Reserves whom I should contact?

AAC
Please don't take offence, but what has this to do with you? There is a chain of command which quite frankly, you are not part of.
Your comments and advice on this forum are welcome, but please don't go wading into something you know little about and have no involvement with.

Absolutely.

And before anyone else goes off half cocked. You'll find that the whole RN is under a travel and subsistence moratorium at the moment. It's not just the RNR.

I know it's narrow minded penny pinching but it is Navy-wide and should be dealt with through service channels.

GCYZ said:
Always_a_Civvy said:

AAC

No offence taken GCYZ. I was just trying to be helpful. :oops:
I have PM'd my reasons to you. :oops:

Steve.

Uncle_Albert

War Hero
AAC, since you are not part of any chain of command (thank you GCYZ) you can say whatever you like to any military personnel you want to. Knock yourself out.

dt018a9667

War Hero
Sounds like dear old Gordon and his cronies at the treasury are trying to claw back some of the money they had to give out on the last outcry (paying tax whilst on combat) so they can give it to another pet\deserving cause or illegal immigrant gay anti war campagainer.

Uncle_Albert said:
AAC, since you are not part of any chain of command (thank you GCYZ) you can say whatever you like to any military personnel you want to. Knock yourself out.

OK, OK, OK! Point taken. I can indeed query it. Were I part of any chain of command I wouldn't need to pursue it at all (I wouldn't dare as a rating!!!) - I could leave it to others. One interest is as a member of the general public with a concern over an apparent discrepacy between promises given and reality on the ground. However as a member of the public I will leave well alone.

I will now rap myself hard on the knuckles with anything long and hard that comes to hand and skulk away into the Tiller Flat and await summary justice... (teeth chattering) :oops: :oops: :oops:

Pass me another slice of humble pie someone! :cry:

Deckhead_Inspector

Lantern Swinger
So the whole Navy is having problems with travel. What does that have to do with us? They are already at their place of work. They do not need service travel to train. They can do it where they are. (Up to a point)

Part of the economy of having a part time navy is not having to pay full time salaries. The travel budjet should be regarded as essential as kit issue and id cards. With out them all we are just another bunch of anchor faced civvys sat at home.

Lurch

Badgeman
I've said it before and I'll say it again, one of the biggest problems with the travel budget is that units wait until the last moment before buying the tickets - and then they complain how expensive they are. When you see that prices can be ten times greater in the last few days compared with booking in advance then it's no surprise that the travel budget gets used up.

trehorn2

Lantern Swinger
Lurch said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, one of the biggest problems with the travel budget is that units wait until the last moment before buying the tickets - and then they complain how expensive they are. When you see that prices can be ten times greater in the last few days compared with booking in advance then it's no surprise that the travel budget gets used up.

I'm affraid Lurch that that isn't the problem at all. Yes they may wait until later to buy tickets etc but at the rate that they are cancelling training these days they would have far more money wasted on tickets bought early which are not required come the day.

Also, very few people at our unit actually require tickets to go places. More often than not they use cars, either hired, pussers or own cars.

The problem is they need to budget for the year month by month and try to stick to it. It doesnt take an accountant to realise that if you start spending the cash beyond your annual means at the beginning of the year then at some stage you will run out, more often than not - too early.

Latest Threads