I'm curious - no.. not in a bi way lol...

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by flipfinger, Jan 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hiya all. Got a question for ya. For all of you that are former Marines - how does it make you feel when people pretend that they've been a RM to get where they are? As in lied full bollocks, claimed they've served for seven years but never even passed out..

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Come on, spin the rest of the dit - there must be a reason for making this your first post... :oops:

3. I know someone who has done exactly that - passed himself off as a Marine that served for 7 years but as said above never actually completed basic training, used it to get a job working as a PT in a major gym in London. Just wondering how people feel about that.

4. Isnt this guy by any chance? mqdefault.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. If you feel so strongly I suggest you contact the gym and recommend that they check his service record.

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  7. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

flipfinger, I agree with slim, rat on him. The employer may have been actively seeking ex-RM (or forces generally), therefore this guy has done a veteran out of a job.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Call him out on the walter mitty facebook page.
    I assume he was also on the balcony or some other daring deed.

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I'm afraid the practice is endemic.

Just about everyone that joins the Armed Forces and fails training tells everyone they used to be in the Royal Marines, Royal Navy or Army they just neglect to mention it was only for a matter of weeks. Not many claim to have been in the RAF - probably because they don't want anyone to take the Michael.

10. You left out, animal, mineral or vegetable

11. Easily added. Wouldn't want to discriminate :)

12. Tara Tara Tara Tara Tara Tara Tara Tara Tara Tara ???????

13. Makes me glad I was SUBmarines, not ROYAL Marines!

14. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

If the lad that is "pretending" to be a Bootneck did infact serve but didn't pass out he could have spent a longtime in Hunter troop at CTC, this would give him alot of experience of being in a gym and he'd have picked up a fair few dits/rumours etc hanging around such a Corps pissed place as CTC.

If he got the job by saying "Yeah, I was a Marine recruit but got injured and never passed out of basic training" and is now bigging it up to get some fanny then fair play. However if he got his job by making up a load of shit about his time in the Corps you should name and shame the fucker.

15. Does he know who Tarzan is?

16. Easily pleased and lacking aspirations....I think you made you made right choice!

17. Long hair, kissing gourami badge.....'secret missions' and a massive deodrant account or understated excellence for those that can.

A new movie release starring Tom Cruise as a matelot...'Jack Reacharound' best movie since 'Brokeback Mountain Leader'

The country is full of 'Walts' all looking forward to Remembrance Sunday.

I had the pleasure of 'outing' one only this week who claimed many things in his alleged 12 years army service including a QGM amongst other outrageous claims. The closed forum allows you to access their names and unfortunately for him he doesn't appear on the easily accessed list of holders of the QGM (the 1000th medal issued since 1974 in late 2012).

I think he must have deployed on a top secret mission trying to retrospectively earn his bling as he has suddenly gone quiet.....I did get a degree of satisfaction bringing this to the forum members attention....sad I know, but I couldn't help it.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  18. Thot's corrict.

19. Was that a fanfare or were you actually calling my name?

20. Here's his PT bio..

Chris is a qualified personal trainer and former Royal Marine Commando.
    He has had a lifelong passion for fitness. By the age of 12 he became one of the youngest black belts in Wales. He was also involved in rugby, basketball and badminton, playing for both local and national teams.
    He has trained in various martial arts including kung fu and Wing Chung. He went on to become a semi-professional MMA fighter with Muay Thai and Brazilian jiujitsu training.
    Chris developed his interest in fitness while training as a marine. He went on to qualify as a mountain leader, one of the most physically and mentally demanding courses in the armed forces. Since leaving the marines, he has developed his fitness knowledge further by qualifying as a personal trainer. Using his extensive knowledge of training and fitness he is able to get the best out of every individual.
    Qualifications and Achievements

• Arctic Survival
    • Jungle Survival
    • Cross Country Ski Qualified
    • Mountain Leader
    • Reps Level 3
    • Reps Level 2
    • Ascended Mt. Kilimanjaro
    • London and Cardiff Marathon runner
    • Great North Run
    • Multiple tough man challenges including Tough Mudder and Spartan Race