im confused what to do after interviwe

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Dysan, Nov 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in my phyco test i passed to become aircraft handler when i applied to be a sub engineer, after my interview i have been offered sub medical assistant. I not so sure if i can handle the professional training for it, but then again how hard can it be since i have experience in care work and was looking at nursing. Can some one tell me what is involved in the training and advice on what to do. Sorry about spelling and grama im dislexic.
  3. Your best talking to your AFCO mate, as they will have the best advice mate.
  4. You just sort out everyones doses they have gained from lady boy shenanigans in the Far East. Easy really.
  6. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Nothing wrong with medics mate. Good trade, well trained and well respected (this is an Army view but i'm sure the Andrews medics are top notch as well). Read "The Red & Green Life Machine" by Surgeon Commander Rick Jolly. That'll open your eyes.
  9. Never met a dyslexic who couldn't spell the condition. I wager you are pulling that card to cover up the fact that you're just thick as mince.
  10. As they all do.

It's an excuse for being a lazy, bone cnut. I can't add up but it doesn't mean I've got dyspraxia, it just means I'm fcuking stupid.
  11. You should start developing a bit of Aspergers, it's great, you can basically just act like a complete cnut and everyone puts up with it because you have a 'condition'.
  12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Dyslexia is not a bar to entry providing you pass the Recruiting Test.

Medical Assistant(Submariner) is a good trade requiring a fairly high recruiting test score.

The recruiting test was established in 1943, remains unchanged & is a gauge of the intellectual capacity to complete phase two (trade) training, so if you score high enough (you obviously did), you should be able to pass training.

Have a butchers on the RN website in the dowloads section for the MA(SM) factsheet.

Waiting time to join is about 12 months at present.

Good luck.
  13. Sorted - Just like becoming a Pongo without the hassle of not showering very often :roll:

14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator Medical Assistant (Sludgemariner) - the facts at a glance.
  15. Blackrat

Quite. Or a Royal without the naked roll mat fighting.
  16. OI! Cheeky cnut! Although to be fair we only shower when we run out of wet wipes, as indeed would you lot if you didn't spend all your free time weeing on each other.
  17. so the training seems like normal first aid with knobs on it and stuff to do with health and safty would i be right in saying that?
  18. Blackrat

I would think it is quite a bit more than normal first aid mate but you're getting the idea. Hope you're not squeamish!
  19. My apologies JJ & BR - I should have added "present company excepted"..... I think that I was having PTSD flashbacks to basic para course when Les Berets Cerise had to sign a bath-book......once a week. :thumbleft:

20. Blackrat

Apology accepted old chap. I no longer demand satisfaction and shall put my roll mat back on my bergan (pardon the pun). :D