Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

I'm black guy about to start phrase 1 will i be bullied and experience racism because im black?

The Navy is full of kindhearted, piss taking bunch or happy go lucky bods, as always you choose your oppos.
1577064382638.png Like this playful little scamp... :rolleyes: On a serious note.You'll be ok. But as Sumo says.Choose Your oppos. But dont go looking for perceived slights. The mob was one of the most egalitarian group of individuals I ever worked with. Enjoy Your time in it. ;) ETA. And I'm ginger and bald... :oops: :)

Strange that this thread opened not long after The Daily Mail had an article about racism still being an issue in the Armed Forces.

So is Blackbritishguy a genuine person or yet another media attempt to dig dirt on the Armed Forces?

That said, all the comments on here are genuine. It doesnt matter what colour you are or where you come from (standfast Sonar Bender), you will be judged on your own merits and abilities.

If I had said that my mum was from the Seychelles and couldn't fly to the UK for my passing out because she was too ill, then my classmates could've clubbed together and paid for me to fly out there.
The fact that she lived in Hull, East Yorkshire has nowt to do with it. I could have done with a nice holiday.

Crack on. Do the training and have a fine career.

BNM

Strange that this thread opened not long after The Daily Mail had an article about racism still being an issue in the Armed Forces.

So is Blackbritishguy a genuine person or yet another media attempt to dig dirt on the Armed Forces?

That said, all the comments on here are genuine. It doesnt matter what colour you are or where you come from (standfast Sonar Bender), you will be judged on your own merits and abilities.

Previous posts.

Latest Threads