Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm back from my PRNC - Here's a few tips for anyone yet to do it!

AyeCaptain

Midshipman
That's very flattering of you - will have to make sure there's some gen dit, 12 clips, for'd assist action going on for next time ;)
Haha. No all due seriousness, the visit was a good insight. We has a subby as our guide telling us about the under water sonar etc, it was interesting. We just couldn't visit much of the ship because hanging wires and maintenance stuff. I enjoyed the course and visit especially, it was probably the highlight.

trig90

The guides were brilliant, we had officers. I'm saying the ship being in refit was boring
If you feel 'visiting' a ship whilst in refit is boring, you'll be in for a shock in the future. It shouldn't have been boring, you got a tour of a warship an opportunity few people get.

AyeCaptain

Midshipman
If you feel 'visiting' a ship whilst in refit is boring, you'll be in for a shock in the future. It shouldn't have been boring, you got a tour of a warship an opportunity few people get.
I've been on previous naval ships which were fantastic. I've been on a different 23 too which was much more modern. I'm entitled to an opinion.

daz2162

Badgeman
Hi mate. Very good post, good to get an insight as to whats ahead.
Only at the psychometric test stage (5th feb) but this post gives me chance to target my training.
Really feel like i need to step it up a bit, i havent trained properly for years, and been gradually getting better since i applied but theres a massive improvement needed!!
Cheers
Daz2162

trig90

I've been on previous naval ships which were fantastic. I've been on a different 23 too which was much more modern. I'm entitled to an opinion.
No one questioned whether you were entitled to express your opinion or not. Just came off as having a negative attitude before your career has even begun. Keep the negativity building up for OST.

AyeCaptain

Midshipman
How can you clarify any negativity, Trig90? You have absolutely no idea about my feelings towards my future career and you're in no place to assume it. I suggest if you have a problem with what I said, that you take your comments elsewhere because frankly this post I initially wrote was planned to be informative and useful. You're making it something that it is not.

AyeCaptain

Midshipman
Hi mate. Very good post, good to get an insight as to whats ahead.
Only at the psychometric test stage (5th feb) but this post gives me chance to target my training.
Really feel like i need to step it up a bit, i havent trained properly for years, and been gradually getting better since i applied but theres a massive improvement needed!!
Cheers
Daz2162

Glad I could help you, mate! Keep yourself fit and work out to the best of your ability. The time will go fast if you keep yourself occupied. Best of luck with your application, you'll be fine!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Whenever an RN warship visits a UK port, there are very often ship visits arranged for local schools and potential recruits in liaison with the nearest AFCO.

It's appreciated these visits are often a bit of a chore for an already busy operational warship but they really are invaluable. One thing that has really impressed me in recent years is the excellent quality of the Ships Company detailed as tour guides.

There was a time when you could expect a surly, disaffected AB who unwittingly ensured his draft would be extended due to the amount of people no longer wishing to join. I've been hugely impressed by the individuals (often YO's or ABs) who I've had the pleasure of meeting - a significant & noticeable change for the better.

With regard ships being visited whilst in refit, far from ideal for all concerned however it gives a realistic & balanced view, reflecting the fact that the job is not one long pleasure cruise. (Unless you are a woo).

Purple_twiglet

War Hero
"Erm, I got it in a bowl of porridge one morning, which was embarrassing for all involved""

Only because you were having a cheeky breakfast with the Commodores daughter at the time? ;-)

trig90

How can you clarify any negativity, Trig90? You have absolutely no idea about my feelings towards my future career and you're in no place to assume it. I suggest if you have a problem with what I said, that you take your comments elsewhere because frankly this post I initially wrote was planned to be informative and useful. You're making it something that it is not.

Frankly I couldn't care less about your feelings towards your future career. As for me taking my comments elsewhere? I'm entitled to expressing my opinion as well surely not? As to being informative and useful, theres already another post like this pinned. So I'd most likely saying you were just fishing for attention........... Then again that's just my opinion so please don't comment about that pleaseeeeeeee.

Can we disregard this post?
haha I can tell I'm never going to live that one down. In all fairness it was covering up a pretty stupid question.

AyeCaptain

Midshipman
Frankly I couldn't care less about your feelings towards your future career. As for me taking my comments elsewhere? I'm entitled to expressing my opinion as well surely not? As to being informative and useful, theres already another post like this pinned. So I'd most likely saying you were just fishing for attention........... Then again that's just my opinion so please don't comment about that pleaseeeeeeee.

haha I can tell I'm never going to live that one down. In all fairness it was covering up a pretty stupid question.
Oh dear me, you sound like a right stiff one, don't you? It's not fishing for attention you pedantic, obnoxious little slime. It's an informative post and if your complete lack of basic educational understanding fails you in the concept of reading something in the way it is intended, then frankly, your lack of appreciation is rather concerning. What I suggest, is to take your flat, worthless back end down to Tesco Express, buy yourself a box of beers and your fix of nicotine, and drink yourself stupid. You can express your freedom, of course you can, but your immaturity and unnecessary attitude isn't what this website is about and you're the only person on this post acting the way you are. So, write your reply and use your inadequate brain to string together as many offensive things as you can, whilst I sit here and wait. Good night to you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S PRNC Current Affairs 3
T PRNC Joining the Royal Navy 9
C PRNC 15TH JUNE HMS COLLINGWOOD Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 38
J Prnc Mod Caldonia 11th May Has been cancelled Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
J PRNC May 11th Mod Caladonia 2020 cancelled Joining the Royal Navy 3
J Twisted ankle! PRNC Joining the Royal Navy 9
S PRNC March 16th Joining the Royal Navy 19
Gematria Insoles at PRNC and Raleigh? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S Training for PRNC Joining the Royal Navy 7
E Beep test at the prnc and royal navy portal issues Joining the Royal Navy 2
T Caledonia - PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
M Just done PRNC and have joining date, but have doubts too Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
I PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
A 3x Sports Shorts PRNC Kit List Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
J PRNC Joining the Royal Navy 1
I PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
I PRNC Joining the Royal Navy 0
1 PRNC January 13th 2020 Joining the Royal Navy 3
J Prnc Joining the Royal Navy 8
SnowGoose PRNC Train tickets Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MorganCUFC PRNC and HMS Raleigh dates Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
D Should I wait until PRNC? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
D PRNC 2 December 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 13
D PRNC 2019 October Joining the Royal Navy 4
O RNAC(S)/ PRNC 21 October 2019 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
J PRNC Coming up Joining the Royal Navy 3
R Do you have to do another Pass or Fail interview at the PRNC? Joining the Royal Navy 4
B PRNC Joining the Royal Navy 7
D PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
J PRNC South - 03rd June 2019 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
D PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
Stublurt PRNC. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
P PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
S PRNC 1st April -HMS COLLINGWOOD Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
Gor9819 PRNC Date/Start Date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
S PRNC HMS Collingwood - 17th June 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 48
L PRNC cancelled, straight to Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 38
LeedsBornLeedsBred MOD Caledonia - PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
B PRNC day by day Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
T Security clearance & PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
B Prnc breifing Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
J PRNC Joining the Royal Navy 4
H Royal Navy PRNC - April 1st 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 48
Max9393 PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Quasar PRNC on the 25th of Feb in Portsmouth? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
R PRNC 13th May 2019 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
J PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
P PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
LeedsBornLeedsBred Question regarding 4K squad run at PRNC. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
LeedsBornLeedsBred PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0