im baaack

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by -buggy-, Aug 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi all been a while since i was on ere, im on summer leave from raleigh and im bored n wanna go back. anybody on here in fisgard ? we r starting seamanship in week6 when i go back quite looking forward to it just gotta get my sleeping pattern sorted out again lol.

2. Hi there i'm in Fisgard. How's the hoidays going dude? It's gone a little to quickly for my liking. I was just researching my project when i wandered onto this site. I'm doing mine on an operation in the second world war called operation mince meat, have you done much yet?

3. I thought HMS Fisgard closed in 1983........ Shume mistake surely???

Kiwi, Operation Mincemeat is very interesting. I think BBC2's TimeWatch did a programme on it a couple of years ago which you could see by arangement with the BBC at Bush House. I take it you've already consulted the documents on it held by the National Archives at Kew? Kings College, London also have a booklet on it I recall, unless they disposed of it (!) in the Liddell Hart Centre for Military Archives. Best wishes with your project.

AAC

4. If you meen the tiff's division o ver the bridge that is all shut. But one of the divisions is still called fisguard.
    From memory phase 1 has
    Corwell (the best divison :) )
    Walker
    Fisguard
    Pellew
    Sure theres more but my memory is crap

5. could agree more. No better division than Cornwell!!! :thumright:

6. I was in Drake, is that still about?

7. what happened to Grenville??

8. Thanks AAC for the information on operation MinceMeat, I'm just reading 'The Man Who Never Was' which is worth a look if you haven't read it.
    For those that want to know,Drake is still going but i'm not sure about Grenville. Fisgard is situated in the same building as OCRS (Ganges).

9. Bollox to you all!! Pellew 38 ('89)!!!!!!!!

10. Was Pellow as well!

Danny - I think you will find it was Cornwell not corwell as in the boy sailor at the Batttle of Jutland

11. Anson 48's

12. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Oliver 19 :thanks:

13. In '89?

14. Shit.

15. Yes drake is stil labout. And cornwell is what i ment im just shit at typing :)

16. Anson, Benbow, Collingwood, Drake, Exmouth.....all part 1 Revenge Block

Frobisher, Grenville, Hawk, Jellicoe...all part 2 Resolution Block.

All former Admirals names......Valiant Block, where you went to await your first sea draft after completion of part 2 had Keppel and one beginning with 'L' which I cannot remember......67-68.

Benbow was never in use while I was there, something about it being haunted.

17. Wot, not LeFanu Block... for the gingers and teetotalers?

18. Tisdall Division (RNR) is also located in that block.

19. Anson 47 1982,still about 5 of us in the mob,and we were all in Faslane on our 2nd anniversary