I'm afraid I won't make the VA II eyesight standards.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by SRG096, Sep 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  2. Is this Usain Bolts 10 metre times?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  3. I think you posted on the wrong thread lol.

4. I think JFH is taking the wee wee SRG ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. SRG

There is no need for you to understand them; let the Optician assess your eyesight and take it from there.

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

How wonderfully condescending.

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The publication at the link is incorrect (as at June 2009) because the Visual Acuity standards have changed a couple of times over the last six years and there is a greater degree of latitude.

The only way to find out, with any degree of accuracy, is to ask for an Optician Report Form from your AFCO & ask a professional optician to grade your current eyesight standard.

With regard interpreting your prescription, whilst it may sound condescending, even opticians sometimes grade RN Visual Acuity standards incorrectly, so it's best not relying on random amateur opinions. (mine included).

• Like Like x 1
  8. I failed v2 by two marks she said and my eyes are terrible. Blind as a bat without them in. You will be fine

It's never a failure. It's always a lesson

9. I find my sight is pretty iffy without my eyes in as well.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Typo! Hahah. 'Without my lenses'

11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Like you were?

12. Touche. I was two off a V2 they said. So what I am saying is i havent met anyone with eyes as bad as mine. Also ninja look at my new thread. Need your help

13. laziness is not worth a damm unless it is carried out properly

14. This is very true, happened to me earlier this year. Luckily the Doc at the medical noticed the mistake and changed it for me.