I'm a newbie & need help

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Kryptik, Sep 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know what the whole time would take to actually apply as a chef in the navy, do all the tests and then get working on the boat?
  2. before or after Navy SEAL training?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Before, the whole process of it all
  4. Well, it's the hardest course in the RN, and very few people actually pass it.

I would suggest that if you want a mildly sensible answer you speak to your AFCO, only they can tell you how long the wait is.
  5. Ok, thanks for your help
  6. Are you applying to serve on ships or submarines, Kryptik?
  7. Prefer a ship
  8. Pussy.....
    • Like Like x 3
  9. It's around 2 years, anyway, a little bit longer if you are applying to be a Chef on ships, a little bit less if you are applying to serve on submarines.
  10. @WreckerL, thanks for that mate.

@Soleil, okayy thanks for your help
  11. Have you done your psychometric test yet, Kryptik?
  12. Is that based purely on waiting times, Sol? If it is, then PtIII training has to be taken into account too.
  13. No nothing, im waiting for a call from the recruitment office for an interview
  14. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

You need help?

Don't we all, darling.

Joe in particular. And Wrecker too. I admit I do. Is it time for my medication yet?

Standing by.

15. Good point, Joe - am an idiot ........

Note to self: read the question properly ...

The 24 or so months is the period during which you will complete the various stages of your application and wait a little while for your place at HMS Raleigh. Once your training has begun, you then need to add 10 weeks plus 26 weeks for your training and then you're good to go. In total then, roughly 3 years.

Thanks Joe x
  16. Just an aside!! never knew they had Chefs in the navy??? Just cooks, right up to Chief..... Although we did sometimes call them chef, when they were serving, and you were trying to finesse an extra portion out of them :laughing2:
  17. The correct title has been chef for several years now scouse - fifteen or more at a guess.
  18. It's not that long ago that they were Logisticians (Catering Services) (Preparation) - Logs (CS)(P).
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  19. What a lengthy title!!!
  20. Of course soleil - thanks. Been out of the loop for a year now and had forgotten. I'm feeling distinctly not-ex-Navy these days and much slips my mind about those bittersweet years.