Im a newbie :) Hello!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by cracker89, Dec 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hellooo :)

Decided, after about 6 month making my mind up to join the RN!
    Hopefully as CIS.

Someone gave me a number to ring, so rang it and had a nice chat with the woman on the other end! Now have a appointment at a AFCO a week on friday to fill out my application :)

Just wondering if you guys have any tips???

Cheers :)

2. So helpful :roll:

3. Hope you don't live to regret spurning SJ's wise words, a further top tip - develop a sense of humour, you will need it

4. No, i meant will there be questions asked?
    ie current deployments ect...

5. It never ceases to amaze me that these young spunkers come on to this nice unofficial website, don't bother to do a recce or weigh up their audience then leap on in and expect hugs, kisses and love.

Seriously kids, what do you expect?

6. Was only asking!

7. Mate, do the research that you feel is appropriate. If that is reading a little of naval history, current deployments, a newspaper a day etc then you are on the right track.

The interview is there to see if you are suitable. If you cheat by looking for the short cuts you will be cheating yourself and the Navy.

Seriously, good luck to you, but you'll feel better if you've actually done the hard work yourself.

8. I have been reading up on the internet.
    Im not going into it totally clueluess

9. I say again, develop a sense of humour, that is all

10. Well a rogering would have been nice, but I wouldn't have been so forward as to expect one...

11. You feeling OK Monty?

12. Good point, why am I surprised at all. I just need a break from dishing out all the abuse every now and again, such is the volume of naivety wandering through the doors.

I need a lie down.

13. A lie down? fcukin glad you've got the energy to lie down.

Well I say energy to lie down, that's not strictly true.
    Its just that it wears me out when I then try to get up. Some b*stard nicked me No1 body about 3 years ago,.... and at the mo I'm making do.