Im 35 do you think i can cut it?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by rickyb, Apr 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am thinking of signing up for the ROYAL NAVY.

I'm 35 i know i can do the training.

But what i want to know is am i to old to fit in? 8O
  2. What do you want to do in the RN?
  3. SM or ninja stoker would be the best to comment, but as they say your only as young as you feel, and if its something you truly want to do then I say go for it.
  4. I have a Engineer NVQ so would like to stay in Engineering
  5. Thanks guys

I have a interview with a recuiter next week and am really looking forward to it but for my age.
  6. Ricky

You won't be the only guy over 30 they've seen recently.
  7. i wouldnt bother, the mob is toppers with work shy kids, it`ll piss you off loads!

RFA avarage age 48, much better for you!
  8. Hello Rick
    Sent you a PM mate
  9. You are not too old to fit in because I am 35 and I do.
  10. Probably, it's not difficult, but why would you want to?
  11. Ricky,

joining the RN at your age will not be a problem. Many people join up when in their 30s, and although you will find a lot of younger lads than you in the messdeck, your life experience, greater sense of responsibilty and maturity will be welcome. (Let's face it, at your age you ought to have all of these by now)

Although you won't find many old & bold 3 badge ABs nowdays, there a plenty of killicks in their 30s and even 40s who will be happy to have a more mature lad in the mess who they won't have to mollycoddle or babysit.

No doubt you will see the value of getting your head down and applying yourself to your initial and trade training. I've seen plenty of younger lads spending a lot of time and effort trying to avoid doing any work, they were just passangers and a waste of rations. If you go in with the right attitude you will do ok.
  12. This summs up the fleet as a whole i think shipshape hahahaha

13. Good post Jimmy ...
  14. See Tiddlyoggy,

I don't have a downer on all newbies.

That was a reasonable question and was written in a way that was spelt properly (ignoring the non-capitalisation of the letter 'I') and was easily understood.
    A refreshing change from the usual thick, lazy, bad attitude fcukers and worthy of a decent response. :thumbleft:
  15. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

I don't recall saying exactly that you did have a downer on all the newbies. I really can't be arsed to go back through the thread,but I wrote something along the lines of, "Do you really think that all the new recruits are gash hands?" For one thing that is a question, not a suggestion that you do think they're all gash. Anyway, point taken, you may stop kicking the tits out of it now.
    Edited to add: I have taken the piss out of the noobs on numerous occasions, along with many others on this site, for daft questions and appalling use of grammar. I still think that to imply that they're all useless is incorrect and to say that their posts are irritating is ridiculous, as I said before, don't read it if you know it will annoy you. I don't think that either of those points really apply to you though.
  16. I'm a 3-badge AB.. RNR mind, but proud of my achievements :D
  17. Must have loads of sea time in??? :roll: :roll:
  18. hahahahahaha RNR, you bleeding salty old fuckr you!