Ill on leave...

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Zoidberg, Apr 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If you get a prescription from a civvy doctor, do you have to inform someone or just wait until leave ends? :?
  2. Is this for flu?
  3. It's for coughing like mad and throwing up after a run :lol:

I'm off to the doctor in a bit.
  4. My advice is to let someone know, Zoidberg. Just keeps everyone in the loop.
  5. 8O Wow, Tim: Three weeks in the RN & P7R already?

Get Well Soon - The Country's Defences cannot cope without you :cry:
  6. :lol: :lol: :lol:
  7. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

For a badged O2 thief, this Zoidberg boy gets a lot of attention. Been in a month and he has got posters who should know better dancing attendance on him. Last week he wanted the OOD's phone number at Raleigh, this week he 'needs' advice on what to do if sick on leave. I suggest his illness is attention defecit disorder as in, he's not getting enough attention.
  8. I thought it told you what to do in cases such as this on the back of your leave pass.Or dont they have them anymore?
  9. The instructions are if you're too ill to travel, which I'm not. I'm just too ill to do any notable amount of phys, which is a problem as I have a "physical training plan" to complete, issued by the PTI.

Seadog, think what you like. If I need help I'm damn well going to ask for it. Better that than get my arsed raped with a barbed-wire stick when I get back :roll:
  10. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Jimbo, I feel there is a cut off point when requests for information / help on a website are attention seeking and their veracity is in doubt. If you or anyone else is happy to be Zoidberg's virtual sea daddy , fill your boots. I feel you may be getting your pudding pulled though, still, it's your pudding.
  11. Coughing and throwing up after a run is just weakness leaving the body.
  12. The bleeding throat and the runs were fun too ;)
  13. I wish MODs could be badged O2 thiefs.......
  14. You should report to your nearest military medical centre- RN, Army or RAF.

Having said that, you don't sound remotely unwell. You did some phys then threw up. Bit of diarrhoea- I don't think it'll be fatal. Self care. You don't need to see a doctor.

If, by some small miracle, a civilian doc thinks you can't work then you need to see a uniformed MO asap. Civvy docs can only say you are unfit to travel, and even that is usually a pile of crap.

My advice- man up. You're almost in the Navy now.
  15. An once again the sage and wit of Seadick shines through.Im not suprised you have no sympathy or interest,im sure hes just happy not to have a knob like you for a DSR.FYI he has been unwell for a while along with many of his Classmates.He just wants some advice so he doesnt find himself in the cack when he gets back to Raleigh.Just lighten up dickwad and use some CDF for once you nugget!
  16. :roll: If you were a seasoned Matelot!!! which you are not. Never ever go to the nearest military medical centre. Go to a local Doc that you know :wink: ( Someone who drinks in your local) when he has filled your sick note in for say 2 weeks!!! just make sure he puts in the extra paragragh " UNFIT TO TRAVEL" not as AD Suggests :lol: :lol:
  17. This is true. About 20 of us got ill in week one, one ended up in the wards at Drake for a week in isolation, one ended up in the wards for a night. As far as I can gather about 12 of us are still ill with varying symptoms, but we all have the cold symptoms and sore throats.
  18. Looks like we have a class full of Knob Gobblers :p :p :oops:
  19. It's ok, some of the girls are ill too :lol:
  20. You've joined at the same time of year I did. We had a couple of blokes ill in the first fortnight, coughing their lungs out and puking in spitkids, that kind of thing.
    The rest of us, being true committed "almost matelots", saved our illness for Easter Leave, and didn't waste the doctors' valuable time.
    Unless you've got a dose, the right time to be a Sickbay Ranger is about 2 weeks after you're dead.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.