Ill health

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by Oakley smudge, Oct 13, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Can someone advise please or point me in right direction of who to speak to? I served for 12 years 1979 to 1991, if I now can't work due to illness can I claim my pension earlier than age 60, I am currently 53 thank you
  2. Is the ill health due to service reasons?

    PM Vauxhall, he's the pensions person.
  3. Thank you for reply. No illness not due to service.

  4. You can claim your preserved pension and lump sum early (with CPI increases) if you are unable to work full time and the condition will not improve before your preserved pension age. What you need to do is write to Glasgow and explain the situation. They will send you a form (there is a form for everything) and when submitting it you will need to provide medical evidence for their medical people to consider it.

    Address is: Veterans UK, Mail Point 480, Kentigern House, 65 Brown Street, Glasgow, G2 8EX.

    If you get stuck, join the Forces Pension Society and we will help you appeal.
  5. Thank you for your time.
  6. I used the British Legion to help me with my claims, just another source of information and help, you may have an advisor close to where you live?.
  7. Thank you.

Share This Page